mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Mavic Crossmax upgrade??

Hey guys, any of you have these wheels? I was wondering how they hold up. This is for the Crossmax SL's.
    07 Jamis Dakar XAM 2.0
    07 Fuji Tahoe Pro

mtbr member
    I have had mine for about a month on my new Stumpy FSR, and they're great. I love the UST system. Just keep an air cartridge style pump if you need to reseat the tire. It's the easiest way to go.

i am, therefore, i ride
    I've been using Crossmax SL's for a year now. I actually thought of upgrading to the SLR's but decided to keep my SL's since I couldn't justify spending more for the SLR's. How happy am I with it? Extremely !!!!! Just make sure you maintain it properly, it should serve you well.... it does me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Got the rim brake version delivered from Performance last week. Not mounted on a bike yet, but the build quality looks very good.

A lot of folks don't like Mavic. I have been running a set of Crossrides (Mavic's cheapest wheelset) for 3 years now and although not light they have been the most reliable wheelset I have owned. They need to be trued (this will be the first time), but they still ride fine. The bearings still are as smooth as day one.

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    From top to bottom of the line I think Mavic makes the best wheelsets out there for the price. One of the best upgrades to any bike is a fresh, light set of wheels. The money is better spent on wheels than say a carbon post or bar...rotating weight is more important.
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"