mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Loose '01 Dakar comp dropouts

Wife said I can have my Jamis back after 7 years. She used it about 5 times. She uses a ht for biking. It was a new frame I fixed up for her. I just fixed up a 29er using an Ibex 350 to try out the 29er thang. I made the mistake of letting her ride it. Thats how I got the Jamis back. Anyway, one reason she got the Jamis is I didn't like the dropout interface with the chain stay after buying it for me. Figured her less weight would stress it less. Since I have the bike back and realize I need to address the dropout/stay issue. Anybody fashion a bearing or other for that area? It was the HL, last year with the bushings.

mtbr member
    I had an 03 Dakar sport with Horst Link, that was actually the last year they made them before going link driven single pivot. When I needed bushings, I contacted Jamis, they had them instock and that was a yer and half ago. Have you tried that avenue? I don't know too much about the comp, maybe the Sport bushing will work?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Probably the same frame...Problem is the slop is in the chain stay. There is more slop at the stay than the dropout. Crappy design, I will improve upon it...

mtbr member
    Mine was pretty tight, no noticable slop. I's like to hear how you solve as my frind still has the bike and at some point, we may need to "improve" as well. I wanted something a bit tougher and bought an 05' XLT (1.0 and 2.0) and those are great. I'm not too sure about the new Jamis' though, lot's of issue in 08 and some 09.