mtbr member
    Sep 2007

New question here. Looking at Dragon Comp

Any thought ? Or should I save the extra money and go one model up to the pro ?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    they are 2 different frames, the comp is Reynolds 631 and the pro is 853. The 853 will be stiffer and harsher than the 631. 853 is marginally lighter as well.
    Is it the 07 0r the 08 you are looking at?
    The 07 comps spec wasn't the greatest for the money but, the 08 is the same price and has better spec.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    i am looking at the 08, it has been a long time since i have done any mountain biking. I bought a coda sport I ended up upgrade the whole thing, I want to get back into mountian so i am looking for a good bike without braking the bank was also looking at the dakota elite and comp and i like the jamis line. any thoughts.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I bought a 07 Dragon Comp in March this year. Does the job for me as an infrequent weekend warrior. Only major change I made was to swap the brakes to Deore/LX discs.

I found that the Dragon was very good value (here in Oz) compared to other bikes in the same price bracket. I liked it's uniqueness with a steel frame, and not being a Giant.

Matt