Curb Jumper
    uh oh... what's this?

and a little teaser. I couldn't help but slap a couple stickers on her

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    You are a dirty-rotten-scoundrel!

Gimme more!!

Curb Jumper
    ok, fine :P took a couple quick ones when I got back from my maiden ride around the block

my other hobby

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    now go get that thing dirty!!

man, I am really tempted to buy one of those from jenson...but do I really need another komodo. Yours looks so sweet. I love the flat black and sloping top tube. Is the head angle still 67.5?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Will - how's the sizing on it for you?
    You guys wanna ride bikes?

Curb Jumper
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman00
    now go get that thing dirty!!

man, I am really tempted to buy one of those from jenson...but do I really need another komodo. Yours looks so sweet. I love the flat black and sloping top tube. Is the head angle still 67.5?
    The head angle has been increased to 68.5* for the 09 model. I love the flat black too and I'm going to start with some lime green accents soon to accompany my new sticker. I have yet to put some good time in on it but it feels like an amazingly solid bike. Once the fork gets broken in I'll play with the preload adjustment and then I'll have a better idea of how the bike really rides. So far, I'm ecstatic over my purchase. I couldn't be happier with the product or with Jenson in the ease of ordering and quick shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by 7PointMe
    Will - how's the sizing on it for you?
    I think it's just about perfect. Maybe a tiny bit on the large side, but that's exaggerating a bit. The 14" would be too small and the 18.5" would be far too big. I'm just used to the Diamondback still and will need some time to get accustomed to this bike. As I said earlier though, I couldn't be happier

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rossbourne14
    whats the biggest tire you could put on the 09 komodo? i was wanting to go with the maxxis high roller - minion setup.
    I hear that with the maxxis ardents 2.6 they rub when a little... especially when in the granny ring....so the biggest you could go would have to be 2.5 I would guess

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    mine had a few changes...removed some parts

mtbr member
    I recently bought some dissents for my 08 komodo (used to have the moto raptor like Wolfman has) and i love the way they look and grip..though when i flipped the bike upside down to see why it was riding off centered i notice 2 things....

- The tires wobble and dip in every corner and I can see that some parts of the tire sink in more to the rim than others...i know its not the rim since when i spin the rim alone....it runs centered....what can i do??

- I notice that every time I have problems with the hubs not being tight enough and having that "play" in between them...how can i fix this problem... I've tightened them before and they ran great...but then the loosen up again and again....

What do you guys think is the problem for these??

Justin

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    simple solution for your tires- sometimes when you put them on the bead doesn't exactly set all the way around. usually I will pump them up to 50 lbs or so to set the beads, then drop it down to 35lbs. on the trail I just put air in them till their hard.

hubs- not sure, but I had a set of formulas that did that. A new wheelset cured it. you might just have grease on the axle threads causing the cones to keep loosening. I'd take it in. I hate working on hubs with a passion haha

mtbr member
    alright, i'll have to try take some grease off the thread and see how that works out....

As for the tire solution....i dont have one of those psi bar measures or anything like that so how would i fix them?

Inflate to high pressure, then lower, or how?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    really, you dont need a pressure gauge. just get near the bead and look at it, you will be able to see where its not seated. sometimes you can just grab the tire, and twist it some and it will seat.

mtbr member
    alright then....will have to try it out, but not sure if it will work too well since when I try to seat the tire in better or take it out and try to make it centered, it grabs onto the other side or the opposing side to it......

I think ill try to let the tires loose a bit and ride it around a little so they settle in and then inflate them....what do you think of this method?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Hey I haven't been biking for a few years but the jensonusa price is too good to pass up. I'm looking at the komodo 2 and was wondering what you guys thought of the ride/fit. I'm 5'6" 190 pounds so I'm not sure what size would be best? Also prob gonna switch the DJ1 to a 55r - is that a good idea? Want the bike to be good for all mountain/light fr as well as dirt jumping.

I used to own a 2004 (or 2003/2002 don't really remember) specialized p2 with a DJ1. Is the DJ1 still good for 8 foot drops?

Curb Jumper
    Well Steven, I just bought the 16.5 Komodo1 from Jenson and it is just about the right fit for me at 6'0'', so I'd say the 14 might be about right for you. Jenson has a sizing chart for every bike so that may help you a bit. I cannot comment on the DJ1 as I haven't had any experience with it, but the RoxShox PIKE and Komodo is said to be a match made in heaven. Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Ok thanks for the info. I was leaning towards the 14 inch but just wanted to make sure.

Curb Jumper
    You know, sadly, as much as I love my new bike, I really love the 05-08 frame

I thought the 09 looked amazing when I first saw it but the more I look at it the more I start to dislike it. I think I just need to get out and ride it some more, maybe I'll fall for it like I did once before. I hate saying that because I just bought it...

*edit: I think it's because I've been looking at chelboed's Komodo all night. Man, she sure is purdy...

mtbr member
    The 09 frame looks sick! Especially with the jet black look to it....

You just have to get used to it more and learn on it more and more.....then we'll see which you like better...

You should definitely buy some PIKES for it....Rides like a whole different bike

Justin

Curb Jumper
    yeah, that's what I figure. A little more time in the saddle and she'll grow on me. Is that a Komodo in your avatar? If so, got any more pics?

I'm saving my pennies for a PIKE. Hopefully by this time next year...

mtbr member
    Yeah, thats my 08 komodo 1 that I got last year for $410 used....I'm working on it right now so I dont have any pics just yet...sry

Mine is pretty nice....she rides extra smooth with the race face bottom bracket that the previous owner put on it.....

I have almost enough $ for the PIKE setup....right now i have some marzo drop offs on it

Justin

Curb Jumper
    I'm digging the white. Looking good

mtbr member
    It's actually grey mate....but from the sun glare it looks white....

Curb Jumper
    Anyone know if the 09 frame has ISCG or ISCG 05 mounts? I don't really know the difference between the two but I'm thinking of going 1x8 with my new rig.

mtbr member
    Well....I'm guessing its the New 05 edition since thats what my 08 frame has...

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    quick noob question.

are you guys using these as soley DJ's and/or do you use it for any type of trail riding. for some reason this bike appeals to me and there are some pretty good deals out there for previous year models. im really wanting one but im not sure if it would be ok for trail riding too. ive sat and rode around on an 2010 and i really liked it.

-shaun h

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast