Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Depends on the price. New, the frame listed for 3 bills. Since it's 2 years old and technically not new...I'd say it's worth 2 hundred. If it's the right size, it's a good platform to build on.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2
    I get my boards at Lux-RC.com

What?
    im getting it for 100 bucks since I worked there. I like that it has a slacker HTA then the new frames and thats with a 120mm fork. I would go longer(I want it slack) Its way over kill, but when I upgrade the Lyrik on my XAM I might toss it on the Komodo if I buy it (set at 130mm)

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 7PointMe View Post
    New Komodo looks sweet and with the seat tube sizes I think you're happy right Chelboed? The bike is also now officially listed as AM on the website.

I'm seeing a new top, down, and head-tube there and what look to be the burly seat stays from the '08 model year.

Confession: My '08 has been stripped down and the parts are now riding around on my Giant STP. Per the recommendation of this thread I've kept the Komodo frame and maybe I'll find the time / $ to build it into a trail machine someday. Its trail duties were previously replaced by an Intense Tracer VP.
    I'm not happy with the lack of disc support boss on the non drive stays. The geometry is nice though. Tapered ht doesn't really matter to me. Seat tube size is irrelevant to me. It's a good frame with a grom build. I'd still like to test drive one.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119 View Post
    im getting it for 100 bucks since I worked there. I like that it has a slacker HTA then the new frames and thats with a 120mm fork. I would go longer(I want it slack) Its way over kill, but when I upgrade the Lyrik on my XAM I might toss it on the Komodo if I buy it (set at 130mm)
    Dang man...100? What size? I'll buy it!

What?
    Its only a 16''. It felt pretty good even though its small though. I think with a 60mm stem It will feel perfect. I feel like I need something more trail friendly so it should be a good match(my XAM is full coil and 39lbs)

After reading over this thread a while bike, I started looking for a 2007ish komodo, but at 100 bucks, I will settle for a 2011.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I think it will fill the bill. The shorter stays will make tech riding fun. Depending on the trail, I've been having fun on my 34# Parker...just general trail riding and small drop tech stuff. Mix it up now and then.

Move to the '98 rigid Komodo for a bit, then over to the 05.

You can build that Komodo up cheap for an urban bike if it doesn't fill the bill for a straight up trail bike.

What?
    Picked up my Komodo frame today. Frame, headset, seat post and seat for 160 bucks. Now I need to plan my build

What?

Still need a chain. Will probably get it tomorrow. So far I have less than $350 bucks into the whole bike. Not too bad.

mtbr member
    Just installed new wheels and tires. Shimano XT/Rhyno Lite wheels with Maxxis High Roller tires and Stan's NoTubes kit.

Sent using my fat thumbs!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets see some komodo's-uploadfromtaptalk1352075982781.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Bitter sweet

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Deleted

I'm sorta new to the boards and i'm not too sure how my post ends up out of order

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    2nd try

Picked up a 04 Komodo FX a while back, changed a few things to make it my own

Last edited by grndzro26; 11-08-2012 at 06:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chelboed View Post
    Bitter sweet

Chelboed - what's with the tear-down? New ride?

-Mike
    You guys wanna ride bikes?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    The brown truck showed up yesterday.

Dude! How can you not just LOVE raw?! What?! Pimp!

The Evolution CTD alone is $310

Creative cable routing bosses.

I'm digging these outside/inside bosses too.

Ready to build.

Santa Cruz has been blowing out frames at their clearance store. The Heckler with Fox CTD is only $550

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Dang, my peeps! I know I've been a huge Komodo supporter over the years but just cause I tore down Old Faithful doesn't mean we have to lay this thread to rest. I'm not a turncoat...I'll be keeping my infamous and much-loved 2005 Komodo. May either do another hardtail build with it or possibly order a 500mm rigid fork for it.

The Heckler has been on the very top of my want list since 2005. So far it's everything I have built it up to be.

Back to the Komodo though. Post some pics!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Just brought her home. Better pictures to come soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets see some komodo's-1118121510.jpg  

lets see some komodo's-1115121147.jpg  

mtbr member
    Is that the 2013?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Yep , it's the 2013 Ano Halo color, large frame. The bottom pic shows all the sweet dealer reflectors! lol!

mtbr member
    Let us know how it rides. I love my 2008. That being said I honestly think my next bike, unless something else catches my eyes, will be an NS Surge or similar. I want to try out a steel frame.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    i will, hopefully i get to ride it by Christmas. I blew my knee out at work and am rehabbing it now. There is nothing like being injured staring at a new bike I can't ride yet! AAAAAHHHHHH! I checked out some steel long travel hardtails. The Ragley Blue Pig looks great.

What?
    Still need to upgrade the fork and brakes. Thinking about getting some riser bars too. Ridable now though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Somebody bought the brakes off my Parker, but I do have 3 different handlebars that I'm trying to get rid of.

Syncros Bulk Hi Rise white
    Syncros Gain Low Rise Black
    Older Easton ea70 cut down a bit black

All three are OS

What?
    I havent had a chance to test ride it yet. Im going to hit up Rays MTB on friday to see how it rides. If I decide I need them I will let you know.

What?
    I have been running 1x9 setups on all my bikes for a few years now. I love it and have never felt the need for different front rings.

My AM/DH bike uses 36tooth up front with 11-32 Cassette. My Komodo has a 32 front with 11-32 cassette. My wife uses the same set up as my Komodo on her Parker.

I find the 32 front to be ok on XC trails. I could make a case for a 34 on but its not overly needed where I live. I use the 36 on my other bike because of high speed DH runs. I dont think I will ever switch back.

heres an older pic of my other bike(upgraded a few things since then):

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I wouldn't mind going 1x10, but 1x9 has proven fine for many years.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast