Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

lets see some komodo's

89K views 458 replies 58 participants last post by  chelboed 
#1 ·
Hey, I finally got my '07 komodo done last week, its been a slow build. Its built for AM riding mostly. I will get some pics up in the next day or so.

But, I know lots of you have em, post em up! Also, if you have a chain guide...definitely post that up haha.

Lets see em!

#453 ·
man your bike looks sweet! awesome to see how much it has evolved too.

I think i'm going to go 120-130mm on the 36s, with a 10mm longer stem and another spacer under the stem (only reason it's so slammed now is there isn't much steerer on the fork). Thanks for the suggestion on the travel, aimed me in the right direction.Just a matter of getting everything set right for now, which might take a bit of riding. But I'm 100% fine with that ;)

#454 ·
My Jamis family...

Just thought I'd share my latest tweaks. My 10y.o. daughter wanted to build a bike with me this year. I've been so stoked about it that she's been getting my hand-me -downs that normally go on my singlespeed.

The latest edition to her bike is my Hope Pro 2 / DT Wheelset. For that to fit her bike, she needed a drivetrain to replace her 7spd freewheel setup.

I gave her my 1x9 Shimano XT drivetrain and replaced it with a new 1x11 XT drivetrain with 30t 104bcd Narrow Wide Chainring.

#455 ·
I've finally gone to a complete XT drivetrain. Taking into consideration my inseam, I decided to give 180mm crank arms a shot. I ordered the 2x10 XT 104bcd crankset because I'm running a 30t in the middle ring position. If I run it on a 3-ring specific crankset like my Hone, it's a little uglier. The outside of a 2-ring spider is more dressed up.

I also swapped out my 2006 Avid Elixir R brakes for some m8000 XT 180/180 brakes. Love them!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.