Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Hey guys, bit late to the party but saw this frame up on facebook for sale a week or two ago and had to have it! been browsing everything here, some mint bikes.

Anyway, here's my offering. an '08 komodo. Plan is to build it up with my old 36 VAN forks, just waiting on headset and working out what travel I want (suggestions appreciated ).

For now it's my DJ and park bike, and I can see why everyone loves these!

lets see some komodo's-img_20170215_192620.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakeless coder View Post
    Hey guys, bit late to the party but saw this frame up on facebook for sale a week or two ago and had to have it! been browsing everything here, some mint bikes.

Anyway, here's my offering. an '08 komodo. Plan is to build it up with my old 36 VAN forks, just waiting on headset and working out what travel I want (suggestions appreciated ).

For now it's my DJ and park bike, and I can see why everyone loves these!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170215_192620.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	1121604
    Well, if you're tall then that bike will have to be a DJ or Street bike. It looks pretty small. That said 80-100mm fork would be about right.

If you're short and it would fit you to pedal it a while, mines set up at 150mm as a trail bike. I've had it anywhere from 120-160mm to rigid. It works well everywhere but really shines at 150.

Mine is the 2005 on the previous page.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    man your bike looks sweet! awesome to see how much it has evolved too.

I think i'm going to go 120-130mm on the 36s, with a 10mm longer stem and another spacer under the stem (only reason it's so slammed now is there isn't much steerer on the fork). Thanks for the suggestion on the travel, aimed me in the right direction.Just a matter of getting everything set right for now, which might take a bit of riding. But I'm 100% fine with that

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910