Thread: Komodo Sizing

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Komodo Sizing

I would like to take advantage of the deal at JensonUsa. However, they only have the 14" bikes left. It states up to 5'7" rider. I am 5'8". Should I opt for the bigger bike or will I not notice much of a difference.

Thanks for your opinions and advice.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    im the same height as you i ride a medium and i find that it is just the right size, i feel the 14 inch would've have been too small for me. if you can swing it d go with the komodo 2. this site has the 2008 k1 in medium .http://www.bicyclebananasstore.com/2...08_komodo1.htm

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    If you were using it strickly for DJ, urban or any other freeride, the 14" would be fine as you can flick it around easier. If your going to use it as a trail bike you definitely want the medium.
    Also, jenson has '09 komodo frames for 120 bucks... just throwing that out there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    wolfman makes a good point about dj

Wanna ride bikes?
    Yeah, if you're gonna use it for trails, get the medium, I kinda wish I'd gotten another in small though because I wish it were a little more flickable

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Gentleman

Thanks for your help in regards to the Komodo. I now am looking at two options. Buying an '08 online for roughly $450 bucks. Or get a new 2011 from a local bike shop and get the local support to include 2 years worth of free tune ups? Have to read the fine print on that one. $649 for the new one. New one has the front fork that can lock out.

Love to hear opinions.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Buy it local, that way your supporting small business and its always nice to just drop it off and have a free tuneup done.

Australia = phun
    Sep 2010
    Go local. The paint scheme is also pretty nice.