mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Just ordered an '07 Dakota Elite - Any thoughts?

Any thoughts on this bike? I just sold my '07 Spec FSR Expert because I wanted to go back to a hardtail. I haven't seen many reviews of the Dakota but it seem looks like a sweet ride! It was a toss up between that and the Stumpjumper comp. The Jamis was $75 cheaper and had a nicer fork so...

Former Bike Wrench
    Looks like a sweet ride on the website...post some "dirty" pictures and a ride repost after you get a few rides in

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Do we have a ride report on this yet. I am going to get one of these when I sell my XAM2.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Man I could have swore that I replied to this. Well the bike is awesome. I'm really impressed with the drivetrain and brakes. It climbs good, and it is really fast on the singletrack and fast decents. For the price it can't be beat! I'm doing my first 12hr race on Sunday!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Question for you, I purchased a dakota Comp a few weeks ago the ride is great with one exception. My seat post keeps moving 7 miles into a ride it moves 2 or 3 marks on the post. I am taking it back to LBS in a few days, just wondering if you have had the same problem?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I did actually, I just made the clamp a bit tighter and it did the trick.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    use some Ritchey Liquid Torque or something similar. It's for carbon posts but works on alloy as well. (I use it on all my bikes and put it on new bikes that I sell)