mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Jamis XAM 2 questions

Demo'ed an 07 XAM2 today,(parking lot only)and am I missing something?,This a really nice ride with good specs for under 2k !! Not to mention the closeout offer they made.Anyone own this bike that would care to comment on it, pro's-con's,etc.Seems like a lot of bike for the money compared to other FS mtn bikes.Thanks for responding.J

mtbr member
    May 2007
    XAM 2 under 2,000 is a great deal. You'll get a lot more bike out of the xam than a cheaper FS.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The 07' XAM 2.0 is a great bike for the price.In 07' some people had some trouble with the wheel sets and RD,but that is just a quick fix espcially for that price.I just ordered an 08' XAM 1,and that price has shot up to around $2200. I think the 2. is going for around $3600-3700. Like mentioned above you get alot of bike for the money out of Jamis,and the VAM is no exception. I f i hadnt ordered a new one i would jump on a deal like that,you wont be disappointed.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Sorry my bad-it was an xam1

Sorry,got my models mixed-up.But at around $1600 the xam1 still seems hard to beat.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggerjake
    Sorry,got my models mixed-up.But at around $1600 the xam1 still seems hard to beat.
    haha..i thought that price was too good to be true...still thats not a bad price for the 1.0,i would still take it.With the money ur saving if you find ur having problems with the RD just upgrade.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Carn what size?

Good luck with it when you get it.How tall are you and what size did you order?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggerjake
    Good luck with it when you get it.How tall are you and what size did you order?
    I'm 5'10" and i think i ordered a 17" maybe. It was back in the end of sept.and i forget how the sizes ran.I had a Jamis Dakar before that,so i think i went with the same size.Its suppose to come in next week or so,but i probably wont beable to ride it till spring.I had an accident at Diablo back in July and needed surgery,so i'm still recovering from that.
    Good luck w/that 1.0. Let us know how you make out with it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Sorry to hear about you injury/size questio

I am 6'1"and change with a 34in.inseam.Would I be better off on a 21in.than the 19?After getting over the supprise at how nice this bike was(and the price),I began to wonder if a 21 would be a better fit.The LBS only had the one 19 there.Anyone else riding one?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    First think to ueself how it felt when u tested it.Even if it was only in the parking lot,u should beable to tell if its too big/too small. My 17 fit me perfect with a 31-32"ish inseam.Go back to the shop and try the bike again,they shouldnt mind at all.

I always start with the old rule of thumb when sizing a new bike...you should have about 2-3" or so below the jewels.With the design of the frame on the XAM,and at 6'1..19" bike,u should fit.But then again only a test ride will tell.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Carn75
    First think to ueself how it felt when u tested it.Even if it was only in the parking lot,u should beable to tell if its too big/too small. My 17 fit me perfect with a 31-32"ish inseam.Go back to the shop and try the bike again,they shouldnt mind at all.

I always start with the old rule of thumb when sizing a new bike...you should have about 2-3" or so below the jewels.With the design of the frame on the XAM,and at 6'1..19" bike,u should fit.But then again only a test ride will tell.
    Good god, man!

Edit your posts if you can't type worth a poo.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chelboed
    Good god, man!

Edit your posts if you can't type worth a poo.
    I'm not really sure i'm following you.The only mistake i see is were i wanted to type "urself" and spelled it with an "e"...sorry,i am typing with one hand do to recent surgery,but thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by Carn75; 11-16-2007 at 07:29 AM.