Thread: Jamis Parker

mtbr member

Jamis Parker

Am I safe buying a used Parker these days? I read that they had a recall and replaced all of the chainstays. Or if I buy one after 2008.
    "Never mistake motion for action."

"If I can bicycle, I bicycle."

What?
    It really depends on a few things. If you are a big guy(like 220lbs+) and are going to use it as a DH bike or are going to really beat on it hard, I would possible look elsewhere. If your not a clyde and are going to use it as a AM bike with maybe a little light DH riding, it will be fine. I used mine for a solid year as an AM bike with some light DH and it was great. Now my wife uses it. We both really like it.

That said, stay away from the 08' models. I would have no issues buying another 09' or 10' version though.

mtbr member
    My wife has had her 08 for 4 years with no problem. I am converting it to 650b. Have the wheels in just waiting on tires.
    09 Ventana El Bastardo 650b
    10 Banshee Viento

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

parker in action

Parker can take a whoppin. Guy in black is on a pro level trek session 88, guy in yellow on a custom parker I built up with him (mtn mix of parts w/ spank wheels and a doman fork). He has been abusing the parker since he got it with no ill effects.

Looking for/WTB : Grove Innovations Assault Fork, Grove Innovation Hammerhead Stem or Hothead Bar Stem

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by apat13 View Post
    Parker can take a whoppin. Guy in black is on a pro level trek session 88, guy in yellow on a custom parker I built up with him (mtn mix of parts w/ spank wheels and a doman fork). He has been abusing the parker since he got it with no ill effects.

Nice vid

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I can't take credit for it...it was made by the dude riding the Parker!
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119 View Post
    Nice vid
    Looking for/WTB : Grove Innovations Assault Fork, Grove Innovation Hammerhead Stem or Hothead Bar Stem

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thats a sweet video. I am about 5'9 170 lbs. I am thinking of buying a 2010 Jamis parker II in the small frame. Its the only one they have left. Do you think this will be too small for me? I plan on using the bike for all purpose reasons. Dirtjumping, cruising around town, trailriding etc.

What?
    Im 5'9" and got a small on sale, long story short, its now my wife's because It was too small

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Anybody else have any input on a 5'9 170 lb guy riding a size small 2010 Jamis Parker II?

What?
    This may help more then my previous response. Im a shade under 5'9'' 155lbs. You can see how small the bike looks.

Jamis Parker-100_0040_zpse2450fa9.jpg

2009 Parker II in a small

I rode it for a year, but it would make my back hurt, My wife is 5'5'' and it fits her perfect. I used most of the parts off it to build a bike, its speced great so if its cheap enough, it may still be worth getting.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks for the help man, looks like i have a tough decision.