mtbr member

Jamis Parker 2 frame questions

I noticed jenson has these for cheap. I considered getting one and swapping my components from my rush to this frame. Only reason I am considering this is because my rush is a large and I need a medium.

I have a fox float f120 RL. If I'm not mistaken it is a 120mm. Is that enough travel for this frame?

Also how is the weight?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    It's around 7lbs. It's designed around a 100-160mm fork. Feels best IMO with a 160mm fork.

It's not a great trail bike, just mediocre. 2:1 suspension ratio is fun, but it's made to go down the hill, not up. It will feel nothing like your rush frame at all. The seat tube is short on all of them. I have the large frame and the C2C on the seat tube is less than 15".

This has pretty-much become my urban bike to jump off stairs, walls, and urban gaps. It's way too much work to try to keep up with my trail riding buds.

Mine initially came with 170mm crankset and a short'ish seatpost. There was no possible way to get enough leg extension to be able to sit'n'spin the thing. I installed 175mm crankset and a 410mm Thomson seatpost. I get full leg extension, but it looks kinda silly with so much post poking out the top of that short ST.

It's still a playful bike in terms of slopestyle / light FR rigs, but definitely tons slower on straight up trail riding than my Komodo.
    I get my boards at Lux-RC.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    chelboed can you post a picture of your setup?
    "Never mistake motion for action."

"If I can bicycle, I bicycle."

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Stock + hone cranks, folding nevs, pro taper bar, thompson post
    Last edited by chelboed; 07-14-2012 at 08:32 PM.
    I get my boards at Lux-RC.com