Thread: jamis Exile 2

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

jamis Exile 2

Hello been riding road bikes, and 20" bikes for years, but thought I'd try mountain biking for the fun and exercise, I have a pacific cycle cross bike that I road on a couple of trails and liked it, then borrowed a trek mountain bike, which was o.k. but I didn't like it that much, test rode other mountain bikes, gary fisher, specialized, trek, marin, and the jamis. Some bike shops were ho hum about help, they were looking for the guy who comes needing a bike for the weekend, and then it will be in the garage til his wife say's you need to sell that thing, you never ride it. I plan on riding mine, went to local bike shop and tried a Exile one, liked the bike, but not so much the components, owner said that he would order a Exile 2 and I could try it out, and if I didn't like it he'd sell it on the floor. Wow what customer service, order one for me to try, I bet he's glad I liked it, and bought it. He said that it's the only one in the country right now, I don't know, Rode in the yard several times and love it, it will be the weekend before I can compare it to other bikes, on a repeat trail.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Exile 2 photos

Sorry system crash, or operator error
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jamis Exile 2-dscf2535_crop.jpg  

jamis Exile 2-dscf2538.jpg  

jamis Exile 2-dscf2544.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    what size is it? love the color

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

17 inch

I have short legs, height 5' 8" and was able to ride the 17 inch just fine.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Parts Added Motion Control with PopLock, plus Adjustment

This was a part that I had the Bike shop put on, after many phone calls, and returned parts the right parts was found. I'm not sure what the part number is, but I know there is a part that fits the Tora TK for the 29'er. I hope this helps, I will try and find out the part number.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jamis Exile 2-dscf3066.jpg  

jamis Exile 2-dscf3065.jpg  

jamis Exile 2-dscf3064_crop.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Shock adjustable

Hello Found out by accident that the tora tk is adjustable, you remove the spring assembly and on the lower aluminum post there are 3 holes for 80,100,120 setting, remove pin, move post to desired height and replace pin. reinstall spring assembly. pretty cool.
    I found that by adding length to the shock travel the motion control can do it's job better and I don't need the firmer spring now. It's has a red spring, was thinking about blue.
    I hope this is helpful.