mtbr member

jamis durango 2.0 - opinions?

So in the quest for a new bike the LBS brought me into the Jamis world. . . i was previoulsy looking at fisher's tassajara disc and specialized's rockhopper and kona's cinder cone and caldera. . .

anyone here ride this / know someone who does? i think i am leaning towards this bike not only as it is in the price range but seems like a better bang for the buck but wanted a first hand opinion on not only the model but Jamis in general . . .

thanks

Lionel Hutz, Esq.
    I actually just left my job at a Jamis dealership (I'm moving, nothing to do with Jamis). It was my first time to really have a lot of experience with them and I was pretty impressed. A customer (and friend) of mine did crack a Cross Country 3.0 frame in a crash and Jamis wouldn't warranty it - I think they should have, but oh well. I was with him and most any bike at that price point would've been damaged so I'm not faulting the construction, just the warranty department (sorry, Dru).

At first I was skeptical of the Tektro hydraulic brakes but they're not bad. A customer upgraded his 2.0 and gave his Auigas to the manager and he likes them - they wouldn't be his first choice, but the price was right. I think the Mobster tires are a bit much. I'd swap 'em out for a better rolling pair - of course, different terrain may necessitate different treads.

I think you'd be happy with it. It's basically a beefed-up CC 3.0. All in all, I was impressed with Jamis. Pretty competitive prices across their whole line. Other than the aforementioned frame, they were really good about getting a good product to the store.

By the way, your avatar rocks.
    2007 Trek Fuel EX 8
    1999 Trek 7000 --- Dragonfly Green = Sexy
    2002 Trek 2100
    2008 Felt New Belgium Cruiser

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdrawn
    By the way, your avatar rocks.
    one can never go wrong with the simpsons. . . "DOH!" comes in quite handy in explaining a screwup at work, it's always funny to tell someone to hit the any key on their computer (I work in IT) and a finger rubbing EXXXXXXCELLANT always makes me feel good.

mtbr member
    jamis is a awsome company. they keep their price down but still hook you up with crazy parts. i have owned 2 already in 1 year.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket