mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Jamis Durango 1.0 2007 or 2008

Hey all,

Currently living in Banff for the summer, and going back to Scotland in a month or so. Lots of deals on ex rental bikes have just appeared and I was eyeing up the Durango 1.0. They're going for C$450 (which is a little on the pricy side), but I think I can get the price down a bit, but they have the 2007 and 2008 models both there, though not in all frame sizes however. What I'm wondering is, is there a huge difference between the 2007 and 2008 specs to warrant strongly choosing one over the other? The dealer doesn't seem to realise that there are two different years there, but I will point that out in an attempt to lower the prices...

Also on offer there too, are Norco Storms for $600... Are they much better bikes for the money, or would I be getting a decent enough ride from the Durangos? I plan on riding trails mainly, nothing too serious.

Thanks very much.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    If you look at the Jamis website (jamisbikes.com) you can compare the differences between the 07 and 08 models.

mtbr member
    Not a huge difference between the 2007 and 2008 Jamis Durango. I would say try to find a Durango 2 if you can because those are a significant upgrade from the Durango 1. Maybe you can find a leftover and be at the price of a new Durango 1. 2009 bikes are comming out soon some shops my be dropping prices on older stuff.

Norco makes good bikes. Does the Storm you are looking at have Disc brakes? I would imagine you should have disc brakes, better performance and such even though they are a little heavier than V brakes.