mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Jamis Dragon 29 Pro

Ive been interested in a steel 29er and had one of the bike reps drop me off this demo dragon 29 pro. Not a whole lot of discussion about this model, and really wanted to try one. Gonna give it a quick tune up tomorrow before testing it out...whoever had it before me rode this bike hard, but still looks solid.

powered by peanut butter.
    Looks great. I'm shopping for a 29er hardtail and have a quick question, if you don't mind. Jamis's website lists the CS length at ~17.1--can you tell if that's with the sliders all the way forward, or somewhere in the middle? Thanks!
    "Never trust a man in a blue trench coat. Never drive a car when you're dead." -- Tom Waits

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by heartland View Post
    Looks great. I'm shopping for a 29er hardtail and have a quick question, if you don't mind. Jamis's website lists the CS length at ~17.1--can you tell if that's with the sliders all the way forward, or somewhere in the middle? Thanks!
    Dont mind at all...with the sliders in the location they are in the pics, CS length measures a hair over 18". Its safe to assume that the claimed 17.1 is with the sliders moved forward. It has plenty of clearance and would have zero issues moving the sliders forward, if thats what your after. Hope this helps

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Had a chance to log a few miles and have nothing but positive things to say. I am 6 ft tall and the 19" frame fit me perfect. What impressed me most is how versatile this bike is. The slacker head tube makes descending a breeze, while not giving up anything on the climbs. The wheels stayed glued to the ground, but had no problem lofting the front end when needed.

As expected, the SLX drivetrain straight up performs, and feel the SLX brakes should come standard on every bike. Not sure if ill even bother with XT or XTR again unless weight was a concern. Dropper post is also a huge bonus. Overall, this frame looks like itll hold up to lifetime of abuse.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Thinking about getting one these bikes. Can you take a picture of the rear tire clearance? I see it comes with 2.2's. I am hoping to get something like 2.35 in there. Also do you have any daylight pics? I know its a dark red but it looks black in these shots....thanks!