mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Jamis DAKAR XCR TEAM reviews

Hi Jamis fans.......... I have the opportunity to get a 2010 Jamis DAKAR XCR TEAM.. But i have been trying to get reviews of this bikes but with no luck..... ARe there any Dakar XCR owners out there......

I would like to know as far as suspension, how does it perform, since in today's market there are so many different differents type of rear suspension.. I think Jamis is MP3.... I would like to know how does it feel, if is there any BOB while pedaling out of the saddle. how does it reac to climbing......

Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastian21
    Hi Jamis fans.......... I have the opportunity to get a 2010 Jamis DAKAR XCR TEAM.. But i have been trying to get reviews of this bikes but with no luck..... ARe there any Dakar XCR owners out there......

I would like to know as far as suspension, how does it perform, since in today's market there are so many different differents type of rear suspension.. I think Jamis is MP3.... I would like to know how does it feel, if is there any BOB while pedaling out of the saddle. how does it reac to climbing......

Thanks

Sebastian, Rob here from Jamis, I know your looking for an un-biased opinion of the XCR but I figure to chime in to help shed some light. I spent all last season on a XCR Expert which has the same suspension design. I personally have not ridden the Team. I was quite surprised by the performance and the range of versatility of the XCR. Like any suspension design today, if you employ a smooth pedal cadence the rear end will stay calm and the traction will be high. For sag I ran between 20% and 25% (8mm to 14mm). 20% in the tighter riding area's (quicker steering) and 25% for standard trail riding. Rebound I set at 4 out from full and I only used the Pro Pedal when climbing out of the saddle on pavement going up hill. Even out of the saddle in a gear higher at low to mid speed pedaling cadence the rear is very calm. Just like any other suspension design, once you start throwing your weight around in the cadence you will get a touch of suspension compression but not much as you would think. Depends on how "heavy" you get with throwing your weight around Again, this is inherit with any suspension system.
    The bike is very spritely and love's to climb. A popular upgrade it to switch the 4" fork out with a 5" fork. We have several riders who race XC and Super D on XCR Teams with 5" forks.
    I can tell you this, the XCR Team and new dXC Team are the 2 most lusted after bikes by all of the employees at Jamis! Sweet rides for sure.
    Let me know if I can be of further help.
    Rob

Mid Pack
    Jul 2005

Xcr

I received my XCR Team and the DXC after race season. I have had many good rides on both . The XCR is like Rob said , it handles and climbs very well . the part I like most is that when you are getting tired the bike will handle just as good with just steering it around corners and not leaning the turns. It accerates well in the rough and on the smooth. I am looking forward to 10 season and riding the XCR. The DXC is awesome and what else can I say . Both bikes are well thought out and will perform for you . Last season I rode a Spark frankly I like the XCR better due to it is stiffer feeling and handles much better

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Thank you both of you guys... I actually had a chance to ride a 08 carbon Jamis XCR///// the suspension its really Nice......

thanks