mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Jamis Dakar Xcr Owners

I have a question for you all that own Jamis Dakar XCR aluminum frame bikes. I have the Jamis XCR comp and I cracked the frame at the seat tube. The little bridge just under the shock has a bracket the welds to the seat tube. My frame cracked just above it hugging the weld. Has anyone else had this happen. Ifind this a really weird spot to have it crack, I am just trying to figure out what made it crack on that spot . Thanks and Best Regards.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I would hope you can get that warrantied?
    Ridin' fo' dayzz

Wheels - 11' Giant Anthem X1
    -08 Eastern Slash
    -08 Jamis Dragon

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Unfortunately I am the 2nd owner to the frame so the Jamis warranty is void after the 1st owner. So no replacement for me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Same problem

Frame was creaking this morning and I discovered the crack above the weld. Will be taking bike to the dealer on Monday to warranty.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Hopefully Jamis will at least give you a substantial discount on a replacement frame

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I now have the Jamis XCT and I love that machine. I bought the frame new so I do have a 5 year warranty on this one.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Oh wow, I failed to see the date of these posts. Somehow I thought you had cracked your frame, posted on MTBR, and bought a new frame all withing a couple hours.

Any pictures of the new bike?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    LOL..... no I wish I had it like that ($$$) but I don't. I have some pics on the Show us your Jamis thread just look at around page 14 for my username. I actually have pics of both the XCR and XCT. I have since changed a few things on the XCT since the pic and I will put up new pics soon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Jamis standing behind product

Dealer told me this morning that Jamis will be sending a new frame.

Quote Originally Posted by mforsyth11
    Frame was creaking this morning and I discovered the crack above the weld. Will be taking bike to the dealer on Monday to warranty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jamis Dakar Xcr Owners-img-20110501-00030-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

pics

Here is a pic of the XCT when I first built it. I now have different shock,wheels,tires,pedals, derailleur, shifters and chain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jamis Dakar Xcr Owners-mtbr-pics2.jpg