mtbr member
    May 2008

Jamis Dakar xcr expert

I am fairly new to mountain biking. I'm am going to participate in the local x country series. I found a brand new jamis dakar xcr EXPERT from a dealer that will sell it to me for 1850.00. It retails for 2500.00. I was just wanting some input on this bike and if that is a good deal. It has all the same stuff as advertised on the jamis website. Fox f32 100RL fork fox shock etc.... Is this a decent X country bike.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    It is a 2008 Jamis DAKAR XCR EXPERT

KRISDALA BAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great bike and price. Definately a great XC racer. Buy it and have fun!
    My car is red.

I got nothin'
    I have a 2007 XCR Expert. I am not a racer, but enjoy this bike more than any other bike that I have ridden. The bike handles great and is better spec'd than most for the price. The Fox rear shock is sweet. It climbs well and screams on the downhill. Make sure you get a good set of tires also for your conditions, it makes a big difference.
    I ride at ludicrous speed

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I got a NOS 05 Dakar Expert (older suspension setup) and enjoy it alot. Similar situation to you as prices goes. Great bike, although now I wish I had the newer frame. Compare other bikes in that price point and you will see the deal you are getting.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I have one and my most important observation is that this is a bike that you will always
    appreciate more as you become a better rider. I am continually amazed at how much
    better it feels each time I ride it.