mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Jamis Dakar XCR 29er: anybody riding one ?

Posted this same question a few days ago in the 29er section, but no replies.

Does anyone has some feedback on these models ?
    Are they suited for east coast singletracks ?

Thx
    The Flandrien in Québec...

12 Santa Cruz SuperLight
    00 Trek 7000 SS winter bike

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Funny: found as good as no reviews and no one seems to be riding one.
    The Flandrien in Québec...

12 Santa Cruz SuperLight
    00 Trek 7000 SS winter bike

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I have the 2012 XCR Pro 29er. I love the bike. Haven't had any issues around Houston and took a trip to Oak Mountain and Cold Mountain Alabama with no issues as well.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Pirati,
    I have a season on a XCR 29 comp(alloy)
    Now, I feel it's fair to let you know I do work for Jamis. With that said, everyone who knows me at work knows that I'm not a 29-er type of guy. Basically everyone in the company can confirm that. However, with that said. There are some attributes that really stood out to me.
    First was the pedaling. Very responsive to input and very efficient. Second, overall frame stiffness. I am a bigger guy and I am sensitive to unwanted frame flex. I was very surprised with how torsion ally stiff the bike is. Third, the suspension tuning. The design is a simple linkage driven, low single pivot system which has been tweaked and fine tuned over the last 20-25 years. Plus any suspension tuner will tell you that you can achieve great performance our of your rear damper with many of the current single pivot designs. I felt the system offered a great platform yet was fully active. I never used the lock out, I like to leave my compression open. Pedaled very well.
    I did feel the head angle was a touch steep for my liking and I do know most all of our racers use a 120mm fork. Stock is 100mm. If it's a Rock Shox or X - Fusion you can change the travel. Fox is set at 100mm. Rear travel is set at 100mm.
    Over all the bike was quite the surprise and I have found myself often thinking about that bike.
    I do prefer the AMT since I like to take the bike to the bike park a few times a year and I can ride it on my local trails as well.
    The XCR s a sleeper bike in my (and others) opinion. It's a great bike that offers a ton of high performance yet often gets overlooked....possibly because we have been driving 650b so much?? Who knows, hard to say...
    Hope this helps. Drop me a line if you have any other questions.
    -RVV

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    2013 Dakar XCR Comp here if you're still interested.......