mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Jamis Dakar SixFiftyB sizing

Kind of pondering buying a Jamis Dakar SixFiftyB and I have a question about sizing. I am somewhere between 5'9" and 5'10"... would a 17" or a 19" frame fit me better?
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I would call Jamis Monday & find out. Just guessing I would say a 17. Is it a real hot deal that can't wait? maybe you could ask the seller to hold one or go ahead and buy it with the agreement that you could exchange it if it's the wrong size. I'm between 5'11" & 6' and bought a 19in. 26er Dakar Sport frame back around 2002 (it's a 2001 26er frame- (I had it all these years & haven't built it til now-please don't ask why ), and it was a tight fit, so I'm pretty sure you need a 17.Jamis's toll free number is i-800-222-0570. I got through to the Tech department very easily. Give them a call (it may help to ask for Tim) He helped me out a lot.Also check Jamis's website a Google your bike up for info. and always check to make sure there aren't any recall issues before you buy ANY MTB equipment.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I just googled up "recent mountain bike recalls" and cliked on "sports & recreation related recalls".There's a CPSC list there..Plus there may be some other info elsewhere like that. Be safe.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zarr View Post
    I would call Jamis Monday & find out. Just guessing I would say a 17. Is it a real hot deal that can't wait? maybe you could ask the seller to hold one or go ahead and buy it with the agreement that you could exchange it if it's the wrong size. I'm between 5'11" & 6' and bought a 19in. 26er Dakar Sport frame back around 2002 (it's a 2001 26er frame- (I had it all these years & haven't built it til now-please don't ask why ), and it was a tight fit, so I'm pretty sure you need a 17.Jamis's toll free number is i-800-222-0570. I got through to the Tech department very easily. Give them a call (it may help to ask for Tim) He helped me out a lot.Also check Jamis's website a Google your bike up for info. and always check to make sure there aren't any recall issues before you buy ANY MTB equipment.
    Thanks for the help Zarr! The deal is OK but not real hot so I can hold out. I'll give Jamis a call on Monday.
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I've heard that their 650b hardtail bikes fit a little small, but I don't know about the FS.