mtbr member

Jamis Customer Service??

Is it just me or does it really suck?
    I went to the contact section on their website and asked them a question via the form mail. Heard nothing. That was about a month ago, asked the same question 2 weeks ago and again heard nothing. It says please wait 5 days, which is understandable, but a month seems a bit extranious. At least send me an e-mail saying you don't have the answer or are working on it.
    Has anyone had any luck calling them?? Or know of a direct e-mail address to someone in customer service?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Jamis Contact

Hey Dumpy,

My name is Craig and I am the Mountain Bike product manager. I'm sorry if you have not been contacted and your right a month ago is to long to wait, no excuse. I know that we try to get to every question and or email as fast as possible. Sometimes thing fall through the cracks. I can say that Jamis customer service is top notch and this is out of the ordinary. Please feel free to drop me an email choyt@jamisbikes.com. Then we can discuss on the phone what you need. Again sorry but lets get this worked out.

Craig
    ]
    Craig "Skippy" Hoyt

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dumpy
    Is it just me or does it really suck?
    I went to the contact section on their website and asked them a question via the form mail. Heard nothing. That was about a month ago, asked the same question 2 weeks ago and again heard nothing. It says please wait 5 days, which is understandable, but a month seems a bit extranious. At least send me an e-mail saying you don't have the answer or are working on it.
    Has anyone had any luck calling them?? Or know of a direct e-mail address to someone in customer service?

i expereinced the same thing trying to ask some questions about my Dakar. my LBS couldnt'/wouldn't answer either and I eventually gave up on a couple questions and got the rest answered after calling multiple shops out of state.

it was dissappointing for sure being that the customer service aspect was part of my decision to go with this brand.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I've had all emails replied to within a week.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Customer Service

Hey guys,
    Well, I am sorry for the unhappiness. BUT, thats for bringing it to our attention that we need to make some changes. In the past we have had ONE person trying to answer all the emails as well as do his other job within the company. We are now going to restructure and get the guy some help.

In the meantime drop me a line if you need an answer fast. dont blow up my email please but I am here to help ya out.

Keep riding the bikes and let me know if ya need any help!

Later
    Skippy
    ]
    Craig "Skippy" Hoyt

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Business Survival

It seems many of the companies you contact today are not able to respond. We the consumer only care about price, Price, PRICE. We go to established business that offer excellent service and fair prices, and suck their knowledge, then go shop for best price. We have successfully reduced most companies to maintaining minimal staff, just to stay in business. Nothing lasts forever, the more high end the item is the more service you will need. Skip and the people at Jamis are great people. You don't have to look very hard on this site to find other Jamis employees offering, on their own time assistance. I admit it takes time for a reply, I keep asking, I eventually get my answer. Lets work with people, we put them in this short staff situation. Be cool.

mtbr member

Mountain biking service is far better than most industries

Dfaith has a damn good point, but there are at least a few of us who go where the service might cost a bit more.
    I do have to say that customer service in the mountain bike world is far better than it is in the "civilian" world. I've seen similar posts on photo forums and I haven't seen responses from companies like I have seen on this sight. I think this goes back to the fact that price tends to dicate, but mountain bikers, due to the nature of our sport/hobby are more concerned about service than people with other interests.
    Guys like Skip at Jamis or Brett at Ultimate or whoever at Park or Avid (all great customer service) don't exist at companies like Sony or Kodak or Canon. Its too bad.

Anyway enough of the ramblings, Skip I appreceate this and I understand that things can get backed up. I'll be dropping you an e-mail shortly.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Dumpy's Cool in my books

Dumpy your a cool dude in my mind. Any man who has respect has all the power. Where are you from, maybe our trails will cross some day. Skip trys real hard, has a big heart, loves to ride, thanks for giving him an opportunity to work it out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I'm not upset about never getting a response although it would have been nice. Now if I could just get this thing adjusted so I can use the entire range of gearing

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I am slightly frustrated myself about my warranty claim I just put through Jamis. I bought an '05 XLT 2.0 from Jenson brand new less than a month ago and on my first ride the bearing in the seatstay (where it connects to the shock pivot) completely destroyed itself. Well, when it went it marred up the seatstay paint and slightly bent the mounting surface on the upper seatstay. Then to compound the issue the inner race on the bearing fell out, making it impossible to press out. Jamis suggested heating it up in the oven, that did not work and I was at a loss as to how to get the bearing out, the LBS did not know either.

I do not know if it was Jamis, or the LBS I had to go through for warranty support, who dropped the ball, but all that Jamis decided to cover under warranty was the bearings. This seems somewhat lame to me, I did not want a one ride old bike with a messed up paint job and a stuck bearing that neither me nor the LBS can get out in which to put a new bearing. So I was forced to buy a new seatstay at full price, the replacement bearings they supposedly sent are worthless to me too because the ordeal left such a bad taste in my mouth over the stock bearings I ordered a new kit from Enduro anyway. All in all I love the bike, but a discount on the seatstay would seem to be a minimum for warranty work and honestly with the nature of the problem and being that it was on the first ride and the bearing failure damaged the frame as well I would have been much happier had they just sent out a new stay.

Blake

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I have not read all post here, but I emailed them a question on my coda sport. I wanted to replace the stock qr seat binder with a salsa one. I asked them what the size should be and I got a wrong answer after buying on the internet. I sent the part back got credit and went to lbs store where they measured it right, got the part from them. You may ask why didn't I go their first. I did and at time I asked in a general way and they did not have any seat binders in stock weird, but that is what happend with them. When I went back the second time they had more parts.You would think Jamis they would know their own bikes? BUT that being said, I still like the bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I never had to deal with the LBS for Jamis support, but Skip did go above and beyond on the customer service aspect of warranty.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by atenciole
    I never had to deal with the LBS for Jamis support, but Skip did go above and beyond on the customer service aspect of warranty.

Ditto!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    XLT swingarm replaced very quickly. I don't even have a Jamis dealer around here. Props to Jamis.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I noticed that Craig from Jamis piked up on our post. He also picked up on a question that I posted to the forum a couple of months back. I didn't necessarily like all the answers, but he definitley went way beyond what I could have expected in trying to resolve the issue for me, and then gave me the straight answer with no BS. Can't ask for any more than that.

banned
    I recently had an "issue" with a broken chain stay (another thread). Jamis responded via email the same day, Dru sent me the replacement within a week. Great turnaround. I was actually surprised how good the response was. Definitely do business with them again. Good product, great service. God Belss America.

mtbr member
    it's sad, but spam has basically made email useless. Whenever I don't get an answer, I assume my message made it into a spam filter, happens to my incoming email all the time, and I'm sure a CS office gets a lot more spam than I do.

I've been pretty happy with the service I've had. Within a month of getting my dakar, one of the pivot bolts came out, I finger tightened it and called asking what the torque should be, prompt answer and gave me values for all the pivots while they where at it. turned out the hole was stripped, part was replaced quick enough.
    Then 3 years later I see my head tube cracked. I took the bike back to performance where I bought it, they aren't a dealer anymore, and don't have a record of me buying the bike there, and of course I didn't keep the receipt. Any, performance says they'll call and see what Jamis says. Jamis asks for pictures of it, from that agree it's a warranty and send me a new frame. Totally took care of me.