mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Jamis Crosscountry 3.0

I ride a 08 stumpy fsr comp for my mountain biking adventures. However, I'm looking for a decent front suspension hardtail to ride around the neighborhood, bike paths and an occasional dirt trail with the kids. I don't want to break the bank, but I also like tinkering with my toys, so want a frame that is worth upgrading parts on when the time comes. I've been looking at the Specialized Hardrock disc, Trek 4300 disc and Jamis Crosscountry 3.0. Has anyone compared the Jamis Crosscountry 3.0 to other entry level hardtails.

ZombieFood
    Sep 2008
    Do they still make that model? I think they call it the Trail X now.

I bought a Trail X3 for my brother and one for my son. I rode them a few times. I think they have better components than compared bikes and they ride really well. Had that fighter jet feel to it on the single track here. Very nimble and responsive. Very durable also. We rode other brands and compared quite a few and landed on Jamis.

If the cross country is like the Trail X series, I would say go for it. Best bang for the $$$

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm not too familiar with the Jamis line but I agree, I think the Trail X replaced the Crosscountry. The CC 3.0 doesn't have disk brakes. They have the CC 3.0 at JensonUSA for $299 right now. Does anyone have a feel for what it would cost me to get a descent set of disc rims and disc brakes.

ZombieFood
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 10sballs
    I'm not too familiar with the Jamis line but I agree, I think the Trail X replaced the Crosscountry. The CC 3.0 doesn't have disk brakes. They have the CC 3.0 at JensonUSA for $299 right now. Does anyone have a feel for what it would cost me to get a descent set of disc rims and disc brakes.
    probably around $200 or so.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I think I'm going to go with the GT Avalanche 2.0. Can pick it up for $499 at Performance.