Thread: Jamis Coda's

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Jamis Coda's

Does anyone have experience with the Jamis Coda line of bikes. Especially the Supreme and Elite.

TX

Fat guy on a bike
    Well, I don't own one but from the specs i would say that they are a very fast, well equipped bike. If you want speed and flat bar, i would say go for it. Comparable would be like the Kona PHD.

Afric Pepperbird
    I bought a Jamis Coda Sport a month and a half ago as a new road bike. It is awesome! It only cost $525. 200 miles so far, with nary a problem. I can only imagine how much nicer the elite is!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I also have a 2005 coda sport which got as leftover in 06, I love mine. I test rode the 05 elite with a curved front fork and liked it very much it was lite. but did not buy it cause the deal was so much better on the sport. There was not too much difference in weight between the elite and sport in 05, so it came down to parts, and was able to save at least $300 from not buying the elite. I still love the sport and do not regret it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

mtbr member
    I dig my Coda Sport so much I had to chime in. It's been my commuter for the past two years and I find it to be a fast and agile bike. It also looks cool. I've got mine loaded down most of the time with Arkel panniers and all the other gear a daily commuter needs and people still comment what a cool looking bike it is. Peel that stuff off and it's ready to speed around town. I tend to buy and sell bikes fairly often but the only reason I would get rid of this one is to get a higher end Coda.

Former Bike Wrench
    The best thing about the Coda bikes....those supermodel thin sexy steel tubes!!!

When it comes to riding on the road, steel is the way to go for a comfortable ride. Throw in a little carbon fiber and you have one sweet ride!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I'm yankin' my hair out looking for a 05-06 21.5 Elite. None to be found anywhere. Who's got an inside to one? Not an 07 to be had either.