mtbr member

Jamis Carbon Technology

Hi All, I've been in riding Jamis bikes since 2005, starting with a Dakar Sport, then an 05 XLT 2.0 and 1.0 that I still have and ride often so I do like the brand. I was thinking about a 2011 XCT 3/4 Carbon leftover. There are not many reviews or folks reporting breakages. Anyone have any positive or negatives on the bike (specifically the frame, design, longevity, etc). I see they no longer make carbon in the XCT line, but do in XC 29er line. They made 26" XC carbons for a while. Anybody break a Jamis carbon bike (not in a crash)?

mtbr member
    I have a 2011 XCT 4, bought it in November 2012, through Jensen, same as you're probably looking at. I'm happy with it. The original chainstay broke, not sure if it was on the first ride or in shipping, but Jensen replaced the bike and no problems since.

mtbr member
    Ah yes, I remember your thread. How do you like the bike? Have you made any changes to it?

mtbr member
    I can easily say it's the best bike I've ever ridden, but that mainly because it's the only bike I've ridden other than the '96 Bontrager Privateer Comp. I bought sixteen years ago. So, I can't give you opinions on how it compares to other bikes, especially those designed in this millennium. The components on the 4 are great and work flawlessly. The bike rides and handles great, but that's comparing to to a hardtail with 2-1/2" of crappy elastomer suspension.

dwt
    mtbr member

Jamis Carbon Technology

This carbon dualie will be awesome.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/03/04/...mountain-bike/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.