mtbr member
    Jul 2005

I'm back...and I'm PUSH'ed

PUSH Industries doesn't mess around...I'm a believer.

While I was waiting on my swingarm from Jamis, I decided to order a 7" front rotor and get my fork PUSH'ed. I finally got it all back together today and my skepticism about PUSH Industries is eradicated. I have a square edge 2-3" bump near my house on my street that I use to guage my small bump performance. I have some rock ledges at a park up the street to guage "bigger hit" performance.

When I initially set up my Fox Vanilla 130-R a year ago or a bit longer, I would set it to where the 2-3" bump was pretty smooth and I could also do the rock ledges w/o bottoming out. No matter how I used to set it, I could still feel the small bumps...they were very smooth though. Now...I have better "big hit" performance than ever, but I CAN'T EVEN FEEL THE 2-3" bumps. I don't mean they're smooth...I downright just can't even freakin' feel it! I'm elated. I had to check my tire pressure to make sure that they weren't sucking up the bumps. The fork has a "bottomless" feel on medium and bigger hits, yet it feels like a cloud on the small stuff too. I just can't explain it.

In addition to the valving and dual lip seals that are claimed to be virtually impervious, they also machined me some new bushings to get rid of the classic "loose headset" feel that the Vanilla is known for. All in all, it feels super tight and super plush.

These guys do what they say. They take a mass produced product and make it feel like a custom tuned, top shelf race machine. I'm glad I did it.

Last edited by chelboed; 03-27-2007 at 04:17 PM.

MTB'er
    Sep 2005
    How long did it take to get your fork PUSH'ed?
    "I will not relent"

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blatido
    How long did it take to get your fork PUSH'ed?
    11 busines days.