View Poll Results: Have you ever had a rear triangle problem with a parker?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I had problems with my parker

3 16.67%
  • No, I've had no problems with mine

15 83.33%
    Australia = phun
    Sep 2010

If you've got a parker, please vote in this poll

Basically what says above. I just bought a Parker, (my first bike under 22 years old, and a Jamis!)

Also, if you've got reviews/pics, post here too!

usually cranky
    i had an 08 parker 1 for about a year. gave me no problems but i passed it on to my dad. in about 6 months he broke the rear drop out where everyone seems to break them. jamis cs worked fast and soon he was god to go. then about 2 months ago he cracked the shock pivot on the rear triangle. again jamis cs came through. i think there was a crappy batch but now it seems to be resolved.

What?
    I have taken my 09 parker 2 to 7 springs for some DH riding and beat the S*&T out of it there, And also put some miles on it for local trail riding and its been great so far. Then again, I have only had it about 2 months now.......

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I have an 09 Parker, only ridden it for about 2 weeks now on the local DH trails. I thought it was just the 08 that had problems then I started reading some stuff about the 09. So I spoke to a Jamis rep (super nice) and he actually sent me a 2010 rear end for it that I have not put on yet. My 09 is still fine, he just sent it to me for peace of mind with the product. I have not heard any bad reviews of the 2010 Parker...Anyone care to enlighten me?

mighty sailin' man
    Quote Originally Posted by base1144 View Post
    I have an 09 Parker, only ridden it for about 2 weeks now on the local DH trails. I thought it was just the 08 that had problems then I started reading some stuff about the 09. So I spoke to a Jamis rep (super nice) and he actually sent me a 2010 rear end for it that I have not put on yet. My 09 is still fine, he just sent it to me for peace of mind with the product. I have not heard any bad reviews of the 2010 Parker...Anyone care to enlighten me?
    no kidding???? If that's the case why haven't they just done that for everyone????

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by base1144 View Post
    I know my 2009 parkers rear drop outs look completely different from the problemed 2008 drop outs. Doesnt mean I wont have a problem( I hope I dont though) But it gives me piece of mind for now to know mine looks different from the ones that had all the issues.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Thats good, I have not compared the 08 and 09 rear ends myself.

You dont hear much at all about the 2010 models, I guess thats a good thing. I guess not too many people bought the 2010 or there are no problems with them.

My experience so far is that Jamis definitely has a good customer service dept. I like the bike alot...but I was not impressed after reading about the 08 models and some 09s.

If anyone here has a 2010 or knowledge of the durability id love to hear about it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I have an 08 parker that is going on its second year. I have been impressed with the bike overall. I ride 75% trail, 20% dirt jumps, and 5% bike park. Besides changing seatstay bearings about once every 3 months, the bike is solid. I replaced the stock RS bar with a monarch, a much welcomed improvement over the bar. There is still no play in the pivots, and no cracks that I am aware of.

I feel like Jamis gets a lot of negative views from the bike community. I have been happy with the bike as well as customer service from Jamis. I'm excited to see their new AM offering.