mtbr member

How much fork travel on parker I

Looking to upgrade my sons fork and need to know how much travel we can go with. Rides mostly XC/All Mountain single track and fire roads...

THX!!!

slap happy
    the domain 302's are 115-160mm forks, so up to 160mm.
    i know on my domain i'm getting nowhere near the full 160mm of travel, more like 110 at best.
    i've double checked oil levels, put in a softer spring etc and nothing i do allows me full travel.
    but after putting my softer uturn spring in, i found my fork is missing the negative spring assembly so i guess i got a lemon of a fork...and RS/sram won't answer my messages.
    Consequences dictate our course of action and it doesn't matter what's right. It's only wrong if you get caught.

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by istandalone
    the domain 302's are 115-160mm forks, so up to 160mm.
    i know on my domain i'm getting nowhere near the full 160mm of travel, more like 110 at best.
    i've double checked oil levels, put in a softer spring etc and nothing i do allows me full travel.
    but after putting my softer uturn spring in, i found my fork is missing the negative spring assembly so i guess i got a lemon of a fork...and RS/sram won't answer my messages.

Negative springs wont have an effect on getting full travel. They are for keeping the fork from harsh top outs. You are having a different issue with getting full travel.

slap happy
    figures that wasn't "it". nobody @ jenson or sram believes they sent a fork out w/o a negative spring.
    of course, they want me to send it in. F that. i'll be out a bike for a good portion of the season if i do that. probably end up buying a used lyric or some such.
    Consequences dictate our course of action and it doesn't matter what's right. It's only wrong if you get caught.

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by istandalone
    figures that wasn't "it". nobody @ jenson or sram believes they sent a fork out w/o a negative spring.
    of course, they want me to send it in. F that. i'll be out a bike for a good portion of the season if i do that. probably end up buying a used lyric or some such.
    I forget where I saw it, but a site had lyriks for like 350

mtbr member
    THX for the input, I was thinking 130mm so I'm in the ball park...just haven't decided on which fork to go with yet...

usually cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119
    I forget where I saw it, but a site had lyriks for like 350
    bike wagon. but it has a 1.5 steerer so you will also need a new headset to make it work in a 44mm headtube.

anyways, to the op's question, i have found ~130mm to be the sweet spot for general trail riding.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Yes, if you are not going to run a travel adjust fork, 130mm IMO is the sweet spot. I have a pike and i set it at 120mm for climbs and 140mm for descents. I havent tried one, but i think 160mm may be overkill? Idk though...

mtbr member
    maybe I'm the weird one, but I've been loving my Parker 1 with a 100mm travel 20mmTA MRD TPC Minute, geo feels awesome for a short travel play/trail bike
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky View Post
    My butthole would pucker and invert until I was inside-out before I got to the bottom.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have been running mine at 160 alot lately.I have a domain 302 aswell, but added the MoCo to it, so its essentially a 318 now. Before that fork I had the uturn recon, which was a very smooth fork. If it had the 20mm axle I would have kept it.

A RS sector Uturn would be awesome on this though for an all around fork. (the 110-150, 20mm axle version) they are cheap too, around 400.