mtbr member

Help for newcomer to Jamis world

Hello everyone, I have around 15 months in the sport and I want to get a little more serious than just riding through trails with friends on sunday mornings.
    I want a Jamis bike, but thats all....no idea which one nor I have much info about them.
    I am willing to invest around $1200, and then make some upgrades but I donīt want to end with a completely new bike after the upgrades. I want a hardtail which eventually I can use to participate in some races later on. Im 20 years old, 6"1 and 180 lbs (working on that) and with a stronger will than legs.

Any opinion, experience is welcome
    Thanks!
    Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion.

Blunt Blazer
    Oct 2010
    jensonusa.com has bunch of jamis makes for cheap..got mine a few weeks ago.. 2009 xam I was 1299.99 but they took it off the site.

Blunt Blazer
    Oct 2010
    really awesome bike couldnt have got any better for the price

banned

Dakar XCT 2.0

It's no HT but is a good deal @ $950 (58% off) here....

Blunt Blazer
    Oct 2010
    ya. thats a really good deal.. was 1199 before end of year sale..

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Durango 2

I bought Jamis Durango 2 three months ago with 550€ + 150€ for adjustable seat KS i-900. The rest of the money you can use to buy equipment and clothes.
    I have been happy with the bike. I can ride the same trails as the ones with the full suspension (of course I'm slower in downhill and stairs, but I can catch them at during uphill).
    Of course the bike is not the best in the market, but concerning the price it has good components at least for the beginners like me.