mtbr member

Help me build my Komodo

I'm waiting for my 16.5" Komodo 05 frame to arrive. As soon as I have my hands on it I want to start getting some other parts. My budget is a little short, so I'm looking for deals.

I'm thinking in getting a Rockshox Domain 318 IS U-turn, would this wheels fit?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SET-Atomlab-...QQcmdZViewItem
    ... and sincerely, would you buy them?

Also the same guy has this crank:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-TRUVATIV-Hol...QQcmdZViewItem
    What do you think?

What do you think about this saddle?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/WTB-Power-V-Blac...QQcmdZViewItem

BTW, I've never build a bike before but I wanna give it a go. I intend to do some trail aggressive riding and 5 ft drops. Any suggestion welcome

Thanks.

the goose is loose!
    saddle and wheels will work, idunno about the crank, he doesb't give the shell size for the bottom bracket but i would still get them (price just for the cranks is good) and if the BB doesn't fit, get a new one ( they aren't more than 45 bucks for a decent one).

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hey man....I'm in the same boat. I just picked up a 2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0 (annodized copper...sick color). I got it for a steal on eBay. The frame just arrived last week and now i need to start building it up.

I've asked ToddFreeride a number of questions, and he has been very helpful. He has a 3.0 as well, which I believe he built up earlier this year.

I've been searching ebay and the usual sites (Jensonusa, etc.) and you can find some pretty good deals if you dig around and check often.

The Komodo has a 68mm bottom bracket shell, so look for that.

Post some pics of your frame/build, and I'll eventually do the same.
    Let me know if you find any killer deals!

good luck!

mtbr member
    Nice man!

BTW, which one would be a better option? A new 36 Talas RC2 2006 or a used Marzo 66 SL? Anyway the Talas is more expensive... darn money.

the goose is loose!
    i would say the 66. more travel adjustment. anywhere between 140 and 180mm so you can find that perfect komodo butter zone. looks like a fun bike, i may get one myself after i get my new dually bike. good luck on the build

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rutkiller
    The Komodo has a 68mm bottom bracket shell, so look for that.
    I wonder how large the spindle should be, any idea?