C S
    mtbr member

Has anyone here ridden the BAM?

Hey guys, I'm looking at buying a DH/FR bike next spring and am particularly interested in the Jamis BAM 1. I have an 05 Dakar that I love for XC riding, so I'm kinda biased toward Jamis for my next bike.

Last time I checked, my LBS didn't have any of the 08 Jamis bikes in, so has anyone here ridden the BAM 1 or 2?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Alot of LBS dont have all the 08's in yet,that should be changing in the next few weeks.While i havent ridden the BAM yet,i have ridden a Diablo 2.0 and that was bad ass.I recently upgraded from an 05' Dakar to an 08' XAM. Mine is still on back order,but i cant wait till it gets here.If you like the Jamis line i dont think you'll be disappointed with the new BAM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    The LBS here has had the bam for about a month now. The bike pedals like a 6" travel bike in the rear. I was really surprised at how well it pedaled and climbed. It is a very smooth and balanced setup. The bike will definitely be able to take some abuse. As far as the 1 or 2, I think the 1 is the best buy based on performance and price. I liked the marzocchi 66 better than the totem on this particular bike.