mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Dragon 69er Rigid Singlespeed, w/ Pictures!

Around a year ago, a guy walks into the shop I work at and says that he's a racer whose got 17 bikes and wants to sell some of them, anyone interested? Long story short, I ended up with a almost new Dragon frame for $80.

Now, after a collegiate race season aboard it with full XTR (less money on frame = more money on parts )), its evolved into this and has entered my heart as my favorite mountain bike.

69er idea was from working at a Trek shop. I used to have a 80mm Reba on it but this 2.55" Weirwolf LT feels practically the same. Next up though, I definately want to put a carbon flatbar on it. For some reason, its ingrained in my head that steel bikes should have flat bars. With all the sleek straight and super thin tubes, why put on a curvy wavy riser bar?

Weight right now is around 26.5 pounds or so. Somewhere down the line, its begging for a carbon fork and some hydraulics. Eventually, I'd like to get it around 25.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Sweet bike. Thats a pretty good score to get a Dragon frame for $80!

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    Nice post and bike thanks for sharing
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

mtbr member
    My friend has a similar set up, only he does have a nice carbon fork. Makes a big difference in the weight I'm sure. I'm sticking with smaller wheels and suspension though.

looks good though, and great score!
    My one says BRAP!