mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Good job! Dakota AL Frames?

Just bought one from Jenson, apparently their last one (19") I'm currently "filling it up" with...

Manitou Minute :03 100mm
    Cane Creek S3 Headset
    LX drivetrain components...
    (Dual Control shifters/brakes, FD, RD, Crankset, Chain & Cassette)
    Avid BB7 brakes
    SRAM Flak Jacket cables
    Answer Pro-Taper carbon lo-rise bar, Oury grips
    Race Face Deus XC 110 X 5 Stem
    Raceface Deus XC seatpost
    WTB Laser saddle
    Time ATAC XS Carbon Pedals
    Mavic Crossland Rims w/Hutchinson Scorpion UST Tires

Any comments on the frame? likes & dislikes are welcome. The welds look nice. It weights 4.06 lbs with the seat collar

Last edited by theRuss; 09-02-2007 at 12:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    some observation - your front disk looks too large for a cross country bike. Why not make both front and rear disk similar e.g.160mm.....just my 2 cents

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackgold
    some observation - your front disk looks too large for a cross country bike. Why not make both front and rear disk similar e.g.160mm.....just my 2 cents
    ???

But more importantly, do you have any experience with the Dakota AL frameset?
    Last edited by theRuss; 09-02-2007 at 12:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    i like your bike. how do you like the minute fork?? I want some carbon bars like you have. i have some truVativ hussefelt OS bars right now and think i can get something lighter. i will say i am not a fan of oury grips though. right now i am using pedro's lockon grips and am happy with them but i may try to get some renthal half waffle grips befroe long though.\
    EDIT: how do you like the dual control levers??? i tried a set for about 2 minutes in the parking lot one day and thought they were kinda weird, guess its something you'd have to get used to.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for the reply

This is my first experience with a premium fork. That said, I am very happy it it. It just soaks up everything.

Them Answer bars were on sale at Jenson for $47 clams. They weigh 147 grams on my scale. A great deal if you ask me.

I took to the dual control levers right away, and have grown quite fond of them. They came from Jenson as well, $59.

'aua e te fati
    Jul 2006
    I've got the minute :03 130mm on my XLT, and I love it. It seems like everybody bags on manitou, but I haven't had any problems.

Russ- how do you like you Ourys? I am looking at getting some lockons and those are neck and neck with the ODI rogues. I have never ridden either, but they both look pretty decent.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I Luv Oury grips!

I've been using them for many years. They are relatively big around, and and soft. Very comfortable, come in a bunch of clors, and are cheap. What's not to like?