Muhuhahaha

New question here. dakar xlt vs dakar xc pro frame?

I have a 06 rockhopper disk comp now. I am wanting to get a FS bike. Been thinking of getting a frame and swaping everything over to it. Which is a better frame between these two the dakar xlt or the dakar xcr pro? I mainly want to get a FS and get into little more agressive trail riding.
    Last edited by Demonsmasher; 06-24-2007 at 08:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    if your going aggressive, get the XLT. Much tougher frame. The XCR pro is an XC race bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I have the XLT and I have a friend with the XC and I much prefer the extra travel, spec the bike well and you can get it down in the 28lb. range without anything really exotic.

Muhuhahaha
    Well I have a 100mm stem on it now, had a 90 before but that seemed to creat some lower back pain in my back. I may try looking for some bigger tires. Just put some Fire XC Pros on witch I love for riding around North GA, but thier only 2.1. I'll look around. It will be a while before I can get a FS bike. Reading on here everyone seems to be pretty happy with thier XLT. From some of the picks I have seen the xlt will do the type of ride I want. So see no need for spending alot of money on a different FS bike.

banned
    I'm have the same dilema. I actually just bought the '05 XC Expert, rode it once, and loved it. Only now, I'm second guessing myself and wanting the XLT for the extra travel. Called the retailer and they will exchange, but it's going to cost me another $700 if I pull the trigger and buy the XLT (it's a 3.0). I ride rocky single track, not too aggressive, but I like to go fast. What you's guys think?