mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Dakar XLT 3.0 vs SC BLT

Has anyone ridden these two bikes? I have narrowed it down between these two bikes and would like some feedback on the pedaling ability of the XLT 3.0. There are no Jamis dealers in my vicinity so I can't demo it.

I ride pretty aggressive XC to mild All Mountain. I ride mainly in western North Carolina, Tsali, DuPont, and Pisgah. So there are lots of climbs and lots of fast downhills. I can get a pretty good deal on either bike and just can't make up my mind. Is the XLT more similar to the SC Heckler?

Thanks for any help.
    Rich

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    i have to say you would be out of your mind to buy a jamis over a blur. i bought an xlt 1 two years ago for 1,579. good bike for the money but i still regret not buying the canondale prophet 6 for the same money. the jamis is a good bike but nothing special. i am currently building a titus motolite.
    CREV

oldschool
    You might want to take a look at the jamis XAM2.0. I rode the blur and the XAM and for the price I thought the XAM was a much better deal. The blur is a great bike but the price is a little high for me . I got a great deal on a XAM1.0 and could not be happier. I ride mostly hard XC and am amazed at how well this bike handles. If money is no object I would probably have bought a blur, but bang for the buck the XAM cant be beat....
    Steel Fanatic
    Marin Pine Mountain
    Surly Crosscheck
    Landshark Roadshark
    Jams XAM1.0

Singletrack Addict!!!
    The XLT is better compared to the Hecker, Ive ridden both. Geometry wise they are close, but the Heckler is lighter, handles great... close call but the Heckler is a better bike.