mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Dakar AMT question/please help jamis tech guys

I'm super psyched, I just ordered up the dakar AMT.

I'm planning to ditch the big chainring and install MRP LPR 2 ring guide.

My question is do I go with ICGC or ICGC-05?

The Jamis catalog says the frame has ICGC03 mounts.

I'm confused.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    ISCG would be the smaller pattern, same as the XAM. I would look into the MRP 2x instead of the LRP, I think you would be happier.

Definitely post of photo of it when you get it!

Australia = phun
    Sep 2010
    Just wondering, where'd ya get it?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I would like to know the same. Ordered mine over a month ago and they finally contacted me saying that the production date was "undetermined at this time". I'm about to say screw it and cancel my order with riding season only a week or two away

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I got mine through The Broken Spoke in Santa Fe, NM (where I work)

We still have a far amount of snow here but I did manage to get it out on one good ride and I already know I love it. Climbs great for a 6 incher and kills it everywhere else

15" and 17" should be available through any Jamis dealer, I don't know what the delay is in the larger sizes
    Last edited by chapman505; 03-13-2012 at 12:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I work for a Jamis dealer also. Our rep has no idea when the 21" will be in stock and being 6'4" I definitely can't settle for any less. It's a promising looking bike no doubt, but with spring arriving early I want to take advantage of it because our riding season doesn't last long here in wyoming. As we also sell trek, cannondale, and gt, I decided to go for a Cannondale Jekyll instead. Will be here in two days

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    do you know the shock length? I just got one from warranty and I need a new shock

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Mine came with a rockshox monarch rc3. Eye to eye looks to be 298mm, not sure what the exact stroke is but there is 55mm of stanction exposed.

My 17" came spec'd with a 100mm stem, I swapped it for a 75mm and it made a huge improvement in the gnar.

Have fun with it!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bikedex View Post
    do you know the shock length? I just got one from warranty and I need a new shock
    Bikedex check your PMs
    "Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BicyclePhD View Post
    Bikedex check your PMs
    I cant send PM's yet, I just got this and its saying I need 7 more posts

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Is your warranty going through Shore Cycling Sports in NJ?
    "Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BicyclePhD View Post
    Is your warranty going through Shore Cycling Sports in NJ?
    yeah i am. the guy i bought the bam from originally has warrantied throigh that shop plenty f times with his bams that he cracked
    but he went through the shop cause they know him and they gave me the option of getting the amt instead of the bam.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I got the amt, I love it! its so fun

mtbr member
    How do you guys like the AMT? How well does it handle rough terrain and jumps?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Damn...and just when the right question was asked about this bike. I'm pondering a Dakar AMT as well. Found one for a good price so trying to figure out if there's still problems with the chain stay / rear triangles breaking.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I rode mine hard for 2 years, many drops to flattish and it took em like a champ. Have since sold it to a buddy and he's romping hard on it. I haven't heard of any breakage issues.