Thread: coil to air?

mtbr member

coil to air?

hey I have a 03 xlt 1.0. I am thinking of upgrading to a air shock. who has done it and what type did you use? The main reason is because my eyelet/bushing on the link end have become worn out and there is alot of play there. Also has any one had these parts replaced and what did they cost? I am just trying to decide between the cost of new shock or fix the old one. if it is going to cost alot to fix the old one I think that I might be better off to get a new one, mybe with stable platform.
    It's go time

Former Bike Wrench

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! PUSH it

Quote Originally Posted by hizzity
    hey I have a 03 xlt 1.0. I am thinking of upgrading to a air shock. who has done it and what type did you use? The main reason is because my eyelet/bushing on the link end have become worn out and there is alot of play there. Also has any one had these parts replaced and what did they cost? I am just trying to decide between the cost of new shock or fix the old one. if it is going to cost alot to fix the old one I think that I might be better off to get a new one, mybe with stable platform.
    Well, replacing a bushing on a shock is simple and cheap...even if you let a shop do it. Its really not a reason to replace your shock. Also, if you want maximum performance, send that Fox Vanilla into PUSH industries and get it custom tuned for your bike, riding style, and weight.

http://www.pushindustries.com/index.php

mtbr member
    ya I have been think of sending both my shock and fork to push. for the price of a new fork I can get both rebuild and tuned for my fat clyde butt.
    It's go time