mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Can't get 2005 Dakota XC

Tried to order a 2005 Dakota XC from my LBS this week, but no go. They are sold out and can't get any more from Jamis. No 2006's available yet either, but I heard a rumor that there will be no Dakota XC for 2006... can anyone substantiate?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    they are going to make to versions of the dragon a pro and a team. The pro takes the place of the Dakota XC
    www.treefortbikes.com Just lauched V2.0 with free shipping and low prices!

SingleTrackSal

Way More Hardtails!

Yes, 'apple's' correct, there will be two 'dragon' bikes in the line up next year (2006), both 853 Reynolds frames, with the less expensive model outfitted much like the Dakota XC was this year.
    The Exile will be offered as a singlespeed in addition to a geared bike, and both are made from 631 Reynolds for '06 which should make for a much lighter bike than the '05/520 variant. The '06 Exile will be a heckuva deal this year, I believe it's all SRAM X9 stem to stern, just swap out forks and you'll be good to go.
    The aluminum framed Dakotas also received updating in the form of carbon fiber seat stays and are great looking bikes too.