Wong Way

New question here. Cables Guides and Frame Color

Hey experts,

How are u all doing on this fine Friday afternoon? I need a bit of assistance.

I have a 2004 Jamis Dakar XC comp with the above top tube cable guides and the one for the rear break is stressing me out. the guides are suppose to hold the housing but don't, it just pops right out; because of this i have had to use zip ties to keep it in place; which in turn has worn the paint half to hell. Any ideas or fixes for this that I may be unaware of?

Also i am attaching a photo to get opinions on frame color. I'm thinking electric blue or white.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cables Guides and Frame Color-jamis-bike.jpg  

mtbr member
    cut a little strip of old tube and put it under the zip ties? are the cable guides worn out or are you just using slimmer cable? if they are meant for hydro lines not much else you can do. i like white frames personally (even though i dont have any) clean and work with any color scheme.

mtbr member
    I've had several Jamis Dakar bikes and it looks as though you may be missing the adapters for the brake cable. All of mine came with 2 black plastic pieces that the cable stopped at leaving the area between the two top tube mounts with exposed brake cable. This allowed the frames to run hydros when removed. If you run a full length cable or hydros, you may have a bit of extra room. I have had sucess using a blastic brake cable mount, then cutting the end off and then cutting it lengthwise so it fits over the cable. That basically makes a plastic shim. I use 2 small zipties for added security.

Wong Way
    could i use hydro cable for mechanic disc brakes to fill the room?

mtbr member
    Last edited by Aresab; 01-29-2011 at 06:45 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by godbout.t
    could i use hydro cable for mechanic disc brakes to fill the room?

No, I run Hydros on mine and they still fit a little loose, thankfully on my newer 2007 Jamis Dakar XCR they solved this problem but on my 2001 Jamis Dakar Expert I do the same as you and zip tie my Hydro brake line. I have actually thought about trying to slightly bend the cradle down just a little bit to make it a tighter fit but I have not come up with a way to do this and not damage the paint yet.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I use silicone tape... works awesome