Thread: Bearings

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Bearings

hi i own a jamos parker 08 and recently i diassembled the whole frame so i could clean and relube everything, when i diassembled the frame i noticed that one of the bearings kind of broke (one of the sides that is like a plastic that protects the inside was broken and ir fell off) where can i find a new one? or what can i do to fix this one?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Bearing cartridges are standard and fairly easy to find....just look at the bearing number on the side of the old one and order up a matching one from any of these places:

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...e+Bearing.aspx

http://bikeusa.com/bike-usa-catalog-...ory=150&type=t

http://www.bikepartsplace.com/cycles...ngs-fasteners/

TLO
    Ride more ***** less
    Sep 2009
    Sounds like the dust seal popped out, just put it back in.
    Lovin the hardtail

What?
    Which bearing is it?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I think its called the seatstay link... Thanks for the input, but can i find these covers or seals in a hardware store? the main problem is that im not from the US so ordering them would take waaaaay too long, and id like to ride the bike asap... thanks

mighty sailin' man
    Quote Originally Posted by resclusa View Post
    I think its called the seatstay link... Thanks for the input, but can i find these covers or seals in a hardware store? the main problem is that im not from the US so ordering them would take waaaaay too long, and id like to ride the bike asap... thanks
    it came off for a reason. I'm thinking the bearing is bad if not from before the seal fell of then after. When the bearing goes bad it shifts the seal to one side popping it off. Look at the bolt in the center of the bearing. If it's not centered the bearing is hosed

Just look for the number on the seal as was said and order new. They don't have to come from Jamis or Jenson. Skate shops/stores should have them
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    wheelies, beyond being the best way over any sort of obstacle, both above or below, are are the steedliest expresstion of joy

What?
    the seat stay bearings are size 608rs Google it and im sure you can find a place that will ship to you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    ok perfect thanks for all the input, ill go as soon as i can to a skate store and look for some new ones. One last question, how do i get the bearings out and the new ones in? simple pressure? or is there more to it?

mighty sailin' man
    see if this helps

Parker bearing
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    wheelies, beyond being the best way over any sort of obstacle, both above or below, are are the steedliest expresstion of joy

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by resclusa View Post
    hi i own a jamos parker 08 and recently i diassembled the whole frame so i could clean and relube everything, when i diassembled the frame i noticed that one of the bearings kind of broke (one of the sides that is like a plastic that protects the inside was broken and ir fell off) where can i find a new one? or what can i do to fix this one?
    These guys can order it for you
    Part number 12-2277 if it is the seat stay pivot
    or you can use this link http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/tech/i..._techsheet.pdf
    and tell me the item# not the part #, this tech sheet is the 09 not the 08 and I'll give you the right part # for 08

VENEZUELA

BICIMACIA, C.A.
    TRINIDAD CALLES PARIS Y MADRID
    LAS MERCEDES CARACAS VENEZUELA
    QTA MOTAMACIA GU

Tel 212 9932025
    Fax 212 9932560

oche@dist-vmax.com
    "Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."