mtbr member

A bad day for my XLT

Out for a nice ride with my son, 30 minutes into the ride I heard wild creaking 10 minutes later snap, and lots of wheel rub. I bought the frame in 2007 so it's just out of warranty...rats. Well, at least I did not get hurt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A bad day for my XLT-pict2707.jpg  

A bad day for my XLT-pict2706.jpg  

A bad day for my XLT-pict2705.jpg  

What?
    I dont know why jamis couldnt make a bike without chainstay problems from 2007-2010. I havent heard of many problems with the 2011+ frames other then the BAM which they just cant seem to get right. Its a shame.

The White Jeff W
    I just sent you a PM. I have a new XLT chainstay you can have for shipping cost.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Update!

After posting this thread, Jamis support contacted me and covered my chainstay under warranty on my 05' XLT even though coverage ended in 2012. I want to give a positive kudos to Tim from Jamis & James Lee from Joyful Cycles in Edison NJ for helping me out. I'm very impressed with how this was handled. I am planning to check out the 650B1/2 in the future based on this, most likely the 2014 model.

Also a big thanks and shout out to Jeffw-13.

Since it's disassembled, I'm going to order up and install a fresh set of bearings for all pivot locations then build her back up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Looks like jamis takes good care of their customers warranty issues. Thats good cause I just got a dragon 29er, not that I am expecting it to break. I have always liked jamis bikes.