What?

2013 Jamis bikes

jamis web site is updated with the full 2013 lineup. Whats everybodys thoughts?

I feel like the mountain bikes have been speced down.

mtbr member
    I was going to ask a similar question. I was possibly looking into the XCT, but now they dropped the 26er. Does anyone know why there are no longer Carbon frames on the 26ers and 650b full suspension models? I'd still like to hear about the AMT, very few posts on it.

What?

mtbr member
    Yup, it's what prompted my question. I was curious why there are no more Carbon models, was there an issue?
    Also, the XCT is now gone in 26er. May be an issue in a bit with warranty since I saw a thread in this forum that they ran out and substituted and XAM.
    THanks!

mtbr member
    I am happy I got my 2012 Dragon 29 Sport. The '13 looks a bit bland without the red accents, and the fork is a big downgrade from the Manitou Tower Expert.

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by breckenridge View Post
    I am happy I got my 2012 Dragon 29 Sport. The '13 looks a bit bland without the red accents, and the fork is a big downgrade from the Manitou Tower Expert.
    You made a great call with the 2012.

mtbr member
    No more prices listed on the website? Hard to even consider when you now have to do extra work to see how much they cost
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    the 2013 29er line up is really lame if you ask me, just down graded parts spec and higher prices, plus they didnt even really change up any of the color paint scemes on the hard tails, they did add a dakota 29er in the 1500.00 price range wich is good, but it to just carries last years paint sceme on the race model. i just dont think they put much thought into their 2013 line up.

What?
    The road bikes got major upgrades, the mountain bikes got no upgrades and a few got some noticable downgrades. Lucky for me, the only model I currently want didnt change other than paint

mtbr member
    This Evans Cycles place has a lot of their 2013s on their website with prices, but you'll need to switch currency at the top of the page. Leave delivery options as UK or else Jamis will get filtered out.

Mountain Bike | Mens Mountain Bikes & Frames | Evans Cycles!

mtbr member
    It looks like Jamis and KHS at least are heavily focusing on 650b, the 26er lines are looking shallow. To me it's disappointing.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I got a 2012 Exile Race 29er and I love it. They don't even offer that model for 2013. Only the Sport and the Comp. Looks like the used the same paint scheme from the 2012 Race for the comp this year, but of course the specs are much lower. Glad I got my bike when I did.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Looking to get the XCT 650 Comp. Talked to a dealer, and he was talking Feb delivery. Could this be true? I rode one @ Outerbike, earlier this month. They seemed to be finished. Other manufacturer's 650 stuff did look pre-baked, but not jamis's.

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by bhaithcock View Post
    Looking to get the XCT 650 Comp. Talked to a dealer, and he was talking Feb delivery. Could this be true? I rode one @ Outerbike, earlier this month. They seemed to be finished. Other manufacturer's 650 stuff did look pre-baked, but not jamis's.
    This may depend on the size of frame you are looking for. Its fairly common for the extra large and extra small frames to be a few months behind. If thats not the case, Im not sure what the reason would be. The shop I worked at has a bunch of 2013 bikes already at the shop(although not on the floor yet) not sure how many are mountain bikes though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Yeah, I'm looking for an XL, but I never made that distinction particular to the dealer. I guess their just not ready yet.

My Brain Hurts!
    Quote Originally Posted by RSabarese View Post
    It looks like Jamis and KHS at least are heavily focusing on 650b, the 26er lines are looking shallow. To me it's disappointing.
    If all the industry buzz is to be believed, this is not a surprise. Well, maybe a little sooner than most will do this...Jamis and a few others are very progressive with their 650b lines...or so it seems.
    Remember when we were kids and our Mom's said we could not play in the mud? I'm making up for it now!!