2013 Jamis?

Printable View

  • 08-27-2012
    rcmaster1029
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by icalebkim1 View Post
    Or... they might give you one of their brand new 650B frames... schweet!!!

    Then I'd have to buy new wheels and tires!! :eek: :D

    I think I'll take mullen's advice. :D Maybe I can find someone heavy to ride it off a cliff. :p
  • 08-27-2012
    mullen119
    2013 Komodo
    Jamis Komodo 2013 Mountain Bike | Evans Cycles

    If we are lucky, It will be available as a frame only. The specs suuuucccckkkkkk:nono:
  • 08-27-2012
    rcmaster1029
    The graphics don't look too good either, if you ask me.
  • 08-27-2012
    mullen119
    I dont hate them, but I dont like them either. The frame in general looks more DJ then AM hardtail.
  • 08-27-2012
    heypal99
    I love the new XCT 650 Pro! There is something about the paint that grabs me. MM, now just need to start saving. $4800..yikes!

    http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/z...t-650B-pro.jpg
  • 08-28-2012
    icalebkim1
    Sweet bike, but the head angle looks a little steep...
    I wonder whether that's just me/650B setup.
  • 08-28-2012
    heypal99
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by icalebkim1 View Post
    Sweet bike, but the head angle looks a little steep...
    I wonder whether that's just me/650B setup.

    Well I was thinking the same thing. At least compared to last years model. I guess we will have to see when the official release comes about.
  • 08-28-2012
    chelboed
    It does look steeper, but I'm beginning to think that's what I want. I've got a Komodo and a Parker, so the slacker angles are covered.

    My singletrack is pretty tight and winding these days. A steeper HA may even be more fun. Not much DH in the Midwest.

    I love the thought of the DragonB, but the Nemesis may suit me better.
  • 08-28-2012
    roscoe1971
    does anybody have any pics of the 2013 29er's?
  • 08-28-2012
    rcmaster1029
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by heypal99 View Post
    I love the new XCT 650 Pro! There is something about the paint that grabs me. MM, now just need to start saving. $4800..yikes!

    http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/z...t-650B-pro.jpg

    I really like the paint as well. Looks good.
  • 08-29-2012
    rvanderveur
    2013 xct 650
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rcmaster1029 View Post
    I really like the paint as well. Looks good.

    Hi, I've seen the new XCT 650 in person. The picture does no justice for this bike especially the paint. The paint is called Black Forrest. In the sunlight hues of brown, green, gold, and black shine. I know it's hard to imagine but it looks great in person.

    Top Tube, Down Tube and Chain Stays are all new. Much greater strength and stiffness at the same weight. Sal did a great job on these bikes.

    I'll see if I can get the ok to post pic's of 2013's. Dealers have all of the info now fyi.

    RVV
  • 09-01-2012
    deuxdiesel
    Drool. I have a '12 Nemesis, and the XCT 650 looks like the perfect compliment to it. $4800 is steep, but from the picture, there are no corners cut on the specs.
  • 09-06-2012
    breckenridge
  • 10-31-2012
    ProfGumby
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Nickt30 View Post
    Jamis had a mtn designer that sold the idea to lighten it all up and when they started to break he took off. The new designer's work really made these bikes sing with plenty of rigidity. 2011 improvements have been seen in the field across the board.

    PS: i am pretty sure the Komodo is still around

    When, oh when will bike companies learn that their main customer is looking for Durable, quality then light in a bike, in that order?
  • 10-31-2012
    ProfGumby
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rcmaster1029 View Post
    I really like the paint as well. Looks good.

    Schnikies! That is one impressive looking bike! But sadly, that is more than I paid for my van...no way I could swing a bike like that...unless Jamis wanted to work a deal with a Clyde/outdoor writer, to do a long term "test".... :cool:
  • 10-31-2012
    rcmaster1029
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ProfGumby View Post
    Schnikies! That is one impressive looking bike! But sadly, that is more than I paid for my van...no way I could swing a bike like that...unless Jamis wanted to work a deal with a Clyde/outdoor writer, to do a long term "test".... :cool:

    Yeah, it's definitely up there. My bike was $1100, and it's hard for me to think of spending much more than that on a bike. A good bike is worth it, though.
  • 11-22-2012
    Oldripper
    1 Attachment(s)
    2013 jamis komodo
  • 11-22-2012
    ProfGumby
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rcmaster1029 View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely up there. My bike was $1100, and it's hard for me to think of spending much more than that on a bike. A good bike is worth it, though.

    Oh I don't doubt that for a moment.
  • 12-05-2012
    subiwrx101
    I'm seriously considering a Komodo for my next bike, but I honestly like the look and colors of the 2012 better. Can anyone tell me how the components compare?


    Thanks