mtbr member
    Feb 2011

2012 Jamis Line-up?

Any idea when the new Jamis bikes will be unveiled? Specifically referring to the 29ers, mostly the Exile series.

Australia = phun
    Sep 2010
    2011 lineup was revealed in september... So I'm guessing waiting about 3 more mo's.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I can't wait to see with the new line up looks like. I'm just about dead set on the 2012 Exile II and I haven't even see it yet!

Australia = phun
    Sep 2010
    Really?
    I'm looking forward to the Komodo. They haven't had a frame change since 2009. I really want them to have something more all mountain, rather than dj/urbanish thing.

Also I'm looking for the new AM prototype. Too pricey for me, but I"m sure it'll look sweet.

Go Jamis.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I'm so sick of 29'ers. My LBS is only ordering carbon 29'er high end bikes. Everything else is $350 POS's.

I just ordered a Parker and still rock my 2005 and 1998 Komodo's.
    I get my boards at Lux-RC.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Hey, Rob here with Jamis. Dealers will see the 2012 range July 25th so I'm sure there may be some pic's floating around shortly there after. Keep your eye's peeled.

slap happy
    Jamis needs more aggresive bikes in the future....the 2011 Dakar Bam can't be the only one....
    Consequences dictate our course of action and it doesn't matter what's right. It's only wrong if you get caught.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rvanderveur View Post
    Hey, Rob here with Jamis. Dealers will see the 2012 range July 25th so I'm sure there may be some pic's floating around shortly there after. Keep your eye's peeled.
    Can't wait! Every year something really surprises. Which bike are we just going to say 'wow' about?
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    rob could you PLEASE post some pics of the new 650b hardtail? it's just killing me man.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    How about an early pic of a carbon hardtail 29er??? Just sayin...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I am new to Jamis bikes, local shop picked them up about a year ago when they lost fisher..Can anyone share what the average price increase is for jamis bike's from year to year on the higher end models? Been saving up for a dakota 29 team and i will miss the boat on the 2011 so i am hoping the 12's want increase drastically. Anyone have any insight on this topic??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1979 View Post
    I am new to Jamis bikes, local shop picked them up about a year ago when they lost fisher..Can anyone share what the average price increase is for jamis bike's from year to year on the higher end models? Been saving up for a dakota 29 team and i will miss the boat on the 2011 so i am hoping the 12's want increase drastically. Anyone have any insight on this topic??
    Most bike companies are looking at large price increases this year. The dollar and euro keep losing value. Steel and aluminum prices have been increasing rapidly. The cost of labor in China has also seen a significant increase this past year.

Put all that together and bike companies can either make a lot less money per bike sold or increase their price. Some companies may try to have smaller price increases by using cheaper components. I wouldn't go on past history this year just because everything has been so crazy in the international markets.
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    It seems that the bike industry is really playing this well though. I work in the golf industry(cleveland golf) which is very similar to the bike industry. All our products we deliver to the consumer come from some of the same places(factory's) as bike componets and frames. We have not increased our retail price in over 6 years at the consumer level. I will say we have seen our prices increaseat the company level only 1.3 percent compared to our 2005 costs. I can also tell you manufacture's in the golf industry have started to provide very superior steel and graphite shafts compared to ones 6 years ago at identical prices. I like to look back at the 2009 year for the bike industry as every company used the fuel costs to explode their prices through the roof to consumers. Without using a company name i will give a nice example of this; my buddy purchased a full suspension bike in the 2009 model for the retail price of $6499.99. The following year this same exact bike, including parts was retailing for $4999.99. The math is self explanatory. We could obviously discuss this issue for probably ever but i guess the point i really want to get across is i think these bike maufactures really need to figure out what is more important to them. Growing the sport and lifestyle or every year continueing to eliminate a percentage of the population until you have only the 1 percenter's to sell their bike's to. I think some creative thinking and problem solving without shortchanging the consumer(cheaper parts) is very much needed here. I apologize for taking this thread on a new direction...Lets go ride!!

mtbr member
    A femme dragon 29 for 2012 maybe?