Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    328

    2012 jamis launch????

    well the weekend is here and jamis said they would revel the entire new 2012 lineup this weekend!! SO WHERE'S IT AT!!!!????? the new 650b's look great i wanna see all the new 29er's

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43
    And???

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GOTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    473
    They said they would officially launch this weekend and nothing happened. That's some way to market your products
    He who dares....wins!

  4. #4
    Super Ginger
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    115
    They are currently launching it to the shop owners in NJ today. I am sure the 2012 details will be up soon.
    2013 Jamis XCT 650b Pro
    2012 Jamis D29 Pro
    2011 Jamis Xenith SL

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GOTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by brandykill View Post
    They are currently launching it to the shop owners in NJ today. I am sure the 2012 details will be up soon.
    Why then post that it would be this weekend if they knew that wasn't the case?
    He who dares....wins!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    25
    Here we go.... The new dakar 29er....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 jamis launch????-29er.jpg  

    www.sebastcycling.com

    2011 Jamis Dakar XCR team
    2011 Jamis Dakota DXC Team
    2010 Jamis Xenith SL Team

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43
    Awesome any new dakota29ers?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    25
    I don't know......
    www.sebastcycling.com

    2011 Jamis Dakar XCR team
    2011 Jamis Dakota DXC Team
    2010 Jamis Xenith SL Team

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    282
    any word today?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    328
    this is pretty LAME!!!! cm'on jamis show us the goods

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    144

    2012 Jamis

    Hi, Rob here from Jamis. We are assembling the official pic's and information for everyone to view.

    We'll have more info shortly.

    Best, Rob

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by rvanderveur View Post
    Hi, Rob here from Jamis. We are assembling the official pic's and information for everyone to view.

    We'll have more info shortly.

    Best, Rob

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GOTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    473
    Jamis needs to start hiring away some of the Specialized marketing staff
    He who dares....wins!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    158

    Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Jamis needs to start hiring away some of the Specialized marketing staff
    Are you that starved for New, New, New? We are barely halfway through 2011 and 2012 stuff wont be available until Nov or December anyways...

    Jamis can take their time and I applaud them for developing a steel 650B bike.

    Bad things happen when you rush a product to market. Remember the enduro SL fork debacle???
    "Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GOTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by zurC atnaS View Post
    Are you that starved for New, New, New? We are barely halfway through 2011 and 2012 stuff wont be available until Nov or December anyways...

    Jamis can take their time and I applaud them for developing a steel 650B bike.

    Bad things happen when you rush a product to market. Remember the enduro SL fork debacle???
    The 2012 bikes are already made. So how are they rushing things by promoting them?

    Specialized and Giant already have many of their 2012 bikes in stores now. 75% of bikes purchased each year in the US are done so at big box stores like Walmart and Target. That means that companies like Jamis and Giant and Specialized are fighting over a fraction of the bike market.

    Right now the consumer can buy many 2012 Specialized models and a few 2012 Giant models and the 2012 Trek can be ordered but he's going to wait until November or December for a Jamis? It's not going to happen. It's the middle of Summer and people are thinking about bikes right now. I'd like to see Jamis stick around with full lines of mountain bikes but that won't continue if they can't keep up with their competition.
    He who dares....wins!

  16. #16
    Super Ginger
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    115
    I think Sal & Rob, should have said "We officially are launching our 2012 product line to dealers & shop owners this weekend. And we will launch the products very soon after that to the consumer."
    The way it was origianlly put, did make it sound like the 2012 product line was being launched everywhere last weekend. So I can understand everyone's "excitement" to see the 2012's.
    I have seen the 2012's, so I would be very interestes if I were them as well.
    2013 Jamis XCT 650b Pro
    2012 Jamis D29 Pro
    2011 Jamis Xenith SL

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    158
    I think it is safe to say that big box store consumers are NOT on MTBR eagerly awaiting stats on 2012 bikes. In fact, most people don't realize or care that there are model years...they buy what is in front of them.

    Jamis has never and likely won't ever keep up with Specialized, Trek or Giant. I think it is safe to say that they sell a fraction of the bikes that those companies do. I think they have to do things differently to scratch out a niche. They have done a great job IMHO of providing great amount of bang for the buck and keeping the the steel lines going. 650B may also be a way for them to eek out some market place.
    "Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GOTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by zurC atnaS View Post
    I think it is safe to say that big box store consumers are NOT on MTBR eagerly awaiting stats on 2012 bikes. In fact, most people don't realize or care that there are model years...they buy what is in front of them.

    Jamis has never and likely won't ever keep up with Specialized, Trek or Giant. I think it is safe to say that they sell a fraction of the bikes that those companies do. I think they have to do things differently to scratch out a niche. They have done a great job IMHO of providing great amount of bang for the buck and keeping the the steel lines going. 650B may also be a way for them to eek out some market place.
    I ride a Dragon 29er and love it. I'm a big fan of their products. Those 2 new 650B models look great. I just wish they would market themselves better. I want this company to be a success so they keep producing innovative products. No one is criticizing Jamis because they hate the company. Read the posts and you'll see they are all fans.

    Half the threads on this forum are about cracked frames. If I'm looking for a bike and checking out the forums for research that's what my image of Jamis will be. Their marketing department needs to be a lot more proactive and change that by creating hype for their products.

    The new model year for bikes is exciting for consumers. Take advantage of that just like your competitors are doing. They have the products to compete with those companies. Now go and get the word out that the new Jamis line is something you should be buying.
    He who dares....wins!

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    328
    i own a jamis 29er dakota and a 26 inch durango i love the jamis bikes and would rather see their new bikes before any fisher or spec. ive always liked how jamis bikes are usualy better spec'ed for the money than other bikes, ya im a fan not a hater mabey thats why im so eager to see the new 2012 stuff?

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    95
    At the very least show us some pics and cough up the specs later.
    09 Jamis XCT2 Marzocchi RC3 ti forks, XT/XTR drivetrain, Mavic Crossrides/ Kenda Nevegal DTC=29lbs

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    19

    Facebook? Jamis! Really?

    Jamis is offering a download of their 2012 catalog if you "like" them on Facebook. Well Jamis, you just lost a potential customer because I can't stand Facebook and other social media. I will never have a Facebook account, and I refuse to deal with companies which try to force people into social media sites. When will companies realize that not everybody "likes" Facebook and that they are pushing away some customers when they bestow benefits upon Facebook users.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigladius View Post
    Jamis is offering a download of their 2012 catalog if you "like" them on Facebook. Well Jamis, you just lost a potential customer because I can't stand Facebook and other social media. I will never have a Facebook account, and I refuse to deal with companies which try to force people into social media sites. When will companies realize that not everybody "likes" Facebook and that they are pushing away some customers when they bestow benefits upon Facebook users.
    Can you please tell those of us who use facebook? I will post it here for you.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    282
    WOW the new lineup looks sick. I am really liking the new dakar amt

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    79
    I'd never even heard of 650b before two weeks ago but I'd probably pick up a Dragon 650b if there were a dealer closer than 150 miles.

  25. #25
    Australia = phun
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    405

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 Jamis Nemesis 650
    By Sal@Jamis in forum 27.5 - 650b
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 10:42 PM
  2. 2012 Jamis Dragon 650
    By Sal@Jamis in forum Jamis
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-22-2011, 05:14 AM
  3. 2012 Early Launch
    By GTR2ebike in forum Specialized
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 12:49 PM
  4. 2012 Jamis Line-up?
    By Malibulx3 in forum Jamis
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 06:04 PM
  5. adjusting RST Launch T7 fork on my 07 Jamis Komodo
    By tommyortom in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 10:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •