Thread: 2011 XCTs

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

2011 XCTs

Anyone been on the 2011 XCTs? I'm considering the xct 2 and would like to hear opinions on what the new bits (tapered steerer, frame and suspension design) add up to. I realize the best thing would be to ride it myself, but because of where I live (Jamaica) it just isn't possible. Reviews are tough to find so any thoughts (especially from those who have been on one) would be much appreciated. One Love.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I really liked the 2010 XCT3. It had good Fox Forks and Fox rear shock with a good SRAM drivetrain. The whole package looked great. I'm not impressed with the 2011's components but the geometry looks good. I'm just not a fan of FSA.
    09 Jamis XCT2 Marzocchi RC3 ti forks, XT/XTR drivetrain, Mavic Crossrides/ Kenda Nevegal DTC=29lbs

usually cranky
    people are hot on the 10's, 11's with the tapered headtube and revised linkage should be even better.

mountainfreak
    Aug 2009
    Hey everyone... Bike Magazine has been riding a 2011 XCT4 for the last few months. Their review will be printed in the June issue so check it out soon!

Columbus, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal@Jamis
    Hey everyone... Bike Magazine has been riding a 2011 XCT4 for the last few months. Their review will be printed in the June issue so check it out soon!
    Thanks for the info, Sal, I'll be looking forward to that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks much for the info!