2011 Jamis Dakota D29 Pro

Printable View

• 01-01-2011
    EvilCodeMunkee
    2011 Jamis Dakota D29 Pro
    Anyone here ride the Dakota D29 Pro?

What can you tell me about it? Likes, dislikes? I'm considering one and have been impressed so far.
  • 01-03-2011
    Bleedin' Bill
    I've got one. Had it about a month. Generally, so far, so good. The negatives...Not super light. The wheels are heavy and the rear hub seized up after a couple rides. Jamis came through with a new wheel ASAP. The WTB saddle IS A BRICK! I've been a road rider for 35 years and a MTB rider for 20 and this saddle was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever experienced. Also, the KMC chain has already broken. It is, in my opinion, a light weight road chain that is not suitable for a MTB. Replaced with a SRAM. The positives.....Beautiful, solid, stiff frame. Handles very well and is comfortable (with a different saddle). Components, mainly X-9, work very well. IMHO, with a different saddle, chain and lighter wheels, this will prove to be a great race bike.
  • 01-04-2011
    Sal@Jamis
    Hey Bill... yeah, we've heard that the first batch of WTB hubs came out of the factory a little tight and required adjustment. WTB has been great and I'm glad to hear that the replacement came to you quickly. The 17" D29 frame weight is 1420g. Although not super light, they have been bomb proof and we're glad to hear that. As far as your points about the saddle, chain and wheels... they are all being considered for the future. Thanks for the support!
  • 01-05-2011
    EvilCodeMunkee
    Thanks Bill! That's some good feedback. I'll was probably going to get a wheel upgrade anyway. And I'm already very picky about my saddle. :) This bike has just about everything I was looking for.

And that's good news to hear Sal about the frame being solid. 1420g is still good though.

Now if my hardtail would just sell, I can pull the trigger and get one. :)
  • 01-27-2011
    CarlosG
    I'm really liking the D29 Team. Just wish it was avilable with the QR15 Fox fork instead of the standard 9MM. Anyone know if Jamis would be flexible on such an upgrade when you order the bike?
  • 01-27-2011
    CarlosG
    I'm really liking the D29 Team. Just wish it was available with the QR15 Fox fork instead of the standard 9MM. Anyone know if Jamis would be flexible on such an upgrade when you order the bike?
  • 02-02-2013
    CarlosG
    Hey Sal,
    Do you know the frame weight of the 2013 Dakota? I heard it's been re-designed and lighter now?