mtbr member
    Jul 2005

2010 Parker Frame weight fyi...

Just tore the Parker down to the bare frame/shock/headset.

Large Frame
    Fox Float shock
    Stock FSA Headset

8lbs 7oz

About a pound heavier than I had anticipated.

I tried building the Parker into a general trail bike, but the seat tube is just too short and the thing is a bit heavy to be pedaling uphill all day...so I put the Komodo back together.

I'm kind of at a weird place. I don't really do any urban or FR anymore. Just trail riding. I'm really either wanting a 29'er HT, OnOne 456Carbon, or lighter 26" dually frame. I've been riding my 1998 Komodo lately as a SS at 22.75# and really spoiled at how much more energy I have with it. The rougher terrain is a bit of a chore, but it's worth it for how well it climbs.

Anyhoo. The Parker frame is on the bay now. Will try to unload the heavy Domain and Strokers as well. The wheelset is surprisingly not that heavy.
    I get my boards at Lux-RC.com

What?
    How much for the Strokes. building up my Komodo(almost done) and I dont think the BB5's I got off of a donor bike are going to cut it. I have been on Hydros to long to go back now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    You don't want that crap on your Komodo. They are heavy and don't have near the power of Elixirs or bb7's. If my frame won't sell, I'll put it back together. If it sells, I'll pm ya. But I think your komodo deserves at least Stroker trails...not Rydes.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2
    I get my boards at Lux-RC.com