mtbr member
    Jan 2007

2010 Jamis Dragon Pro

Anyone know the price or specs on this bike? This is one great looking bike.

Thanks,
    Jon

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i was at my local jamis dealer yesterday, and he just got back fron the jamis show and has the new 2010 jamis catalog with all the new bikes. the dragon pro is 2500.00. but you think thats pimp? wait to see the pics of the new 2010 29er exile thease are crazy sweet bikes sporting an all new frame he rode one and said it rides real nice and the price on the exile2 is around 1300.00 and trust me its better spec'ed than anything else in that price range. jamis has also redone the frames on the durango line up and the dakota's. everything is brand smackin new and trust me you WILL like the 2010 jamis bikes! i cant wait for my new exile2 to show up at the end of october.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for the info. If your bike is due in October we should see the website updated real soon.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    yea wish i could get some pics the bikes are freakin sweet i cant wait until mine gets here just in time for the riding season in iowa to end

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roscoe1971
    yea wish i could get some pics the bikes are freakin sweet i cant wait until mine gets here just in time for the riding season in iowa to end

Is there a hurry to get your bike so soon? I'm waiting till February to begin my bike build so I can save some extra money. Don't really see a point in buying a bike if the riding season is going to be over, unless you're riding in the winter or your area is warm.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    iowa winters are unpredictible it can snow as early as october or stay 50deg. clear into december. as long as there is no snow and its at least 25 deg. outside i'll still ride. i work outside for a living so im used to all weather conditions.plus i have 0 patience

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

2010 Spec changes

I've seen a 2010 catalogue, the changes are in the brakeset and tires:

Shimano XT hydraulic disk brakes with 160mm Center Lock rotors
    Tires = Geax Mezcal, 26 x 2.1" front and 26 x 1.9" rear, folding bead, 120TPI
    It will come in Victory Red/Pearl White

Geaux ride!
    Will Jamis offer a "Team" Reynolds 853 frame with red-on-white flames again?
    -'08 Jamis Dragon Comp
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary…that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i dont think so i only saw in their 2010 book a single speed version and it goes for 1500.00 and then the gold/bone colored one and it goes for 2400.00. thats one thing im not to thrilled about on the 2010 jamis 29ers is their lineup starts with the exile for 750.00 then 1300.00 for the exile and then it goes to steel framed bikes for 1500. on a single speed al the way to 2400.00 for their top shelf 29er in steel, then it goes to the carbon models and that ramps up to 3400.00 to 5500.00. there is no upper end exile wich kinda urks me. the steel dragon for 2400.00 has to many deore parts on it for my taste but the frame is sure sweet.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Dragon 2010 piccies

I have not seen the 2010 catlaogue, but just surfing the net I found images of the new Dragon pro in several Japanese websites. Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Geaux ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayancycles
    I have not seen the 2010 catlaogue, but just surfing the net I found images of the new Dragon pro in several Japanese websites. Enjoy!
    Nice! I like the red much better than the baby-blue of 2009.
    -'08 Jamis Dragon Comp
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary…that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson