mtbr member

2010 Dakar XC Comp

I bought a 2010 Dakar XC Comp with M575 hydros on them and from the beginning the frontn brake has been nothing but a problem I have brought it back to the shop where I purchased the bike to have it bled 3 times already and to no avail after 2 or 3 rides the brakes loses power again and feels mushy at the lever and then no brakes at all. After it gets bled the brake feels nice and firm then like I said before after a couple of rides it felt like mush and lost braking power to having no front brakes at all. It is extremely frustrating that after 2 or 3 rides to go back to the shop and have them re-bled.

mtbr member
    Called the bike shop to let them know what has been going on they said they are getting another brake set from Jamis and should be here in about a week and that was two weeks ago and I haven't heard anything yet. It is rally frustrating when you have a great bike to ride and can't ride it because of a warranty issue and having to sit and wait for a part.

mtbr member
    It's frustrating but at least it's going to be taken care of.
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by applehead110 View Post
    Called the bike shop to let them know what has been going on they said they are getting another brake set from Jamis and should be here in about a week and that was two weeks ago and I haven't heard anything yet. It is rally frustrating when you have a great bike to ride and can't ride it because of a warranty issue and having to sit and wait for a part.
    Applehead,
    Sounds to me, the brake pads were contaminated with mineral oil, most likely from the factory. Shimano was sending out replacement brake pads at N/C for this issue. The rotors will need to be thoroughly cleaned with isopropyl alcohol. Install the new pad's and as long as the bleed was good, after a couple rides the brakes should have good power and feel.

Rob

mtbr member
    Spoke to the bike shop yet again and explained that I have been waiting a couple of weeks and their resopnse was Jamis never got back in touch with them so they must not have the part and they will call me as soon as they get it. I then asked them if there was something they could do to get me back in the saddle and their response was you continue to ride the bike just don't use the front brake. Well needless to say that answer didn't fly with me and called Jamis myself and told them my situation and the funny part is they were reading everything on this very site. Jamis told me that they spoke to the shop the day after the claim was made which was on May 16th and told them that is a warranty with Shimano at that point the shop employee basically told Jamis they didn't have time and hung up on Jamis. Needless to say Jamis worked with me and called Shimano and the bike shop and explained what to do and told me what needed to be done on my part. I just wanted to thank the people at Jamis for stepping up and helping out a frustrated customer so kudos to you. As for the bike shop where I purchased my bike they just lost a faithful customer due to bad business practices.

mtbr member
    Dropped the bike off on June 9th and not heard anything so I called the shop on Monday they told me they shipped the part out and did not hear anything I thought something was shady so I called Shimano and they said they did not get anything from the shop sent to them. Almost 3 weeks and no bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

You need a new shop

Unacceptable level of customer service if you ask me.
    "Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"

mtbr member
    I would let that shop know that if you don't get this resolved you're going to post their name along with this experience on this forum. Let them also know that Jamis was reading this thread as well as all sorts of existing and potential customers.
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    I went there today an was told they shipped it this past Tuesday they also know that I spoke to Jamis and Shimano and have posted my experience with them on other forums as well as here. As soon as I get my bike back they have lost a customer and many others who would have spent their hard earned money there.

Brewmaster
    May 2011
    I hope you get your bike back soon. That is aweful.